Deputy Headteacher - Student support, personal development & inclusion
This job expired on 23 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
2 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 27.5 hours per week
What skills and experience we're looking for
1. Graduate with Qualified Teacher Status or QTLS and an additional qualification relating to educational leadership & management.
2. Minimum of 4 years recent and successful experience at senior management level in a secondary school.
3. Outstanding sustained and successful experience as a teacher in a secondary school with good knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies.
4. Ability to take operational responsibility for the running of the school in the absence of the Headteacher and senior deputy.
5. Ability to lead and motivate a team of staff, review their performance and intervene effectively to ensure consistently high standards of performance.
6. Ability to think creatively and strategically in developing school policies and procedures that will promote outstanding learning by students, support raised attainment and meet external requirements.
7. Successful experience of curriculum or pastoral development.
8. Understanding of the principles and concepts of equality and fairness and a commitment to inclusive education for all.
9. Understanding of the principles and concepts of safeguarding in the digital age and a commitment to these.
10. Analytical and strategic thinker with the capacity to lead in all key areas.
11. Knowledge of current requirements in relation to the inclusion and support of those with additional and special needs.
12. Ability to establish an ethos conducive to promoting good relationships whilst maintaining high standards of behaviour.
13. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences (staff and parents) to ensure the effective implementation of whole school initiatives.
14. Confidence and competence in the use of ICT for teaching and administration.
15. Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines and a commitment to collaborative working.
What the school offers its staff
Elthorne Park High School is a successful and significantly oversubscribed 11-18 mixed community school of 1500 students (with 330 in the sixth form) located in West London. We are a high-performing school with a reputation for being welcoming, inclusive and high performing. All of which reflect our exceptional teaching team and support teams as well as our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but hardworking and eager to learn too.
With a new £14 million state of the art building equipped as a centre of excellence, we offer a range of outstanding resources to support teaching with a particular focus on ICT and new technologies.
In March 2019, Ofsted judged us as outstanding and we have achieved 4 SSAT Leading Edge Awards (variety of teaching approaches, engagement with evidence and research, professional learning and educational outcomes).
This position arises as we increase from two to three Deputy Heads in response to a growing school population. The successful candidate must display compassion, empathy and understanding coupled with a determination and ability to exact high standards in all areas of responsibility.
If you would like to be part of our journey, you can look forward to research based coaching and development tailored around your needs and aspirations. We want ambitious teachers like you to stay with us for the long-term, so you will have access to a comprehensive wellbeing package and we will do everything we can to help you be the very best leader you can be.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Elthorne Park High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1537 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Elthorne Park High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8566 1166
Elthorne Park High School is a successful and significantly oversubscribed 11-18 mixed school with around 1250 students in key stages 3/4 and over 300 in the sixth form, situated in West London within walking distance of Boston Manor underground station. We are a high-performing school that has risen to become one of the top 200 in the country and is continuing to improve. We have again received a record number of applications for post-16 study this year and will be expanding our sixth form in September 2022. With a new £14 million state of the art building equipped as a centre of excellence we can offer a range of outstanding resources including 14 ICT suites, a Citrix based network allowing home access and a focus on collaboration via Google Classroom. Work will begin in the Summer term 2022 on a new sixth form building to accommodate growing post-16 student numbers. In March 2019 Ofsted judged us to be outstanding.
Arranging a visit to Elthorne Park High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Business Development Consultant
Macdonald Road, London, E17 4AZ
Goffs Lane, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, EN7 5QW
Wren Academy Enfield
3 Chace Village Road, Enfield, EN2 8GH
Deputy Headteacher - Culture & Inclusion
Esher Church of England High School
More Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London