L11 – L15 (£54,091 - £59,581)
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher to The Good Shepherd Catholic primary School from 31 August 2021. The Good Shepherd is a successful, vibrant and popular two form entry primary school and we are excited to be opening a new Nursery in September 2021.
We can offer:
• A highly successful school, (Ofsted ‘Good’ 2018, Diocesan Canonical Inspection ‘Outstanding’ 2015)
• A strong Catholic ethos where every member of the school community is valued
• Highly motivated, friendly and well-behaved children
• Friendly, hardworking, and committed staff
• The opportunity to be innovative in supporting whole school development
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance giving you access to first class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to be able to lead CPD for the TSA
• A highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and MAT Leadership Team
Our Deputy will:
• Be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and clear vision for Catholic education
• Have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire our children on their faith journey
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and have a clear commitment to raising standards through leadership and support for other staff
• Work in close partnership with the Headteacher to further the shared vision of the school
• Have a passion to ensure that every child succeeds and is treated as an individual
• Take a lead on developing the quality of education in school by supporting subject leads to ensure delivery of a progressive and cohesive knowledge rich curriculum that is ambitious for all our children.
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Applying for the job
Please complete the Catholic Education Service application form and email completed form to email@example.comMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Roman Catholic
410 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About The Good Shepherd Catholic Primary, Arnold
The Good Shepherd Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy opened in 1951. Located Woodthorpe, Nottingham, it is a larger than average primary school, serving more 400 children the area. school was judged ‘outstanding’ its latest Diocesan Canonical inspection and currently rated ‘good’ by Ofsted. Gospel message focus of life, not only prayer celebration, but through actions, relationships, learning opportunities play. believes Whole Child Approach to strives create an environment where every member community feels safe, loved, valued, respected challenged can therefore go on experience success. sets high standards expectations for pupils instils everyone desire fulfil their potential achieve life goals. A broad balanced curriculum offered, enriched with visitors, trips, events activities inspire each child joy learning. nurtures develops unique individual talents provides memories that sustain beyond time at helps equip them later life. proud strong community, supportive staff, governors parents values close links parish priests Church, Woodthorpe. lively, thriving nurturing which enjoy growing presence God.
Arranging a visit to The Good Shepherd Catholic Primary, Arnold
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the incoming Headteacher (commences in role August 2021), Mrs Celine Toner on 0115 9150 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on: 0115 926 2983 or via email: email@example.com