Start date: 1st September 2020 Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Salary Range L8 - L12
Westfield School is a friendly, successful, 14 class, non-denominational school in Westfield, Radstock at the southernmost point of Bath and North East Somerset. The main school building is just over thirty years old and has been improved by a modern Key Stage 2 block. The school also has a successful nursery on site, staffed by a highly enthusiastic and committed team. Westfield has its own breakfast and after school club providing wrap-around care for our children.
Currently the school has 400 pupils (plus 43 nursery), with numbers predicted to rise over the next two years due to numerous housing developments in the immediate area along with the school’s increasing popularity and reputation in the community. The school is arranged into three teams, Phases 1 (EYFS and Yr1), 2 (Years 2 and 3) and 3 (Years 4, 5 and 6). The team leaders, along with the Head and Deputy, make up the Senior Leadership Team.
Following the promotion of our Deputy Headteacher to headship, we are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with staff and governors as we continue to raise standards and inspire learners by providing quality learning experiences for our children. The successful candidate will build on our many strengths and achievements to ensure we are constantly improving our primary practice. Along with other members of the senior leadership team, you will be will be responsible for developing the quality of teaching and learning across the school, leading Achievement for All and managing the reactive pupil premium interventions.
The position is a non-teaching role.
Closing date: Midday, 24th February.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd March.
Please complete an application form and attach a covering letter.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and as such all post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and satisfactory references.
The school is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership.
Essential educational requirements
1. Minimum of 5 years primary school teaching experience within the primary age range.
2. Additional Teaching and Learning Responsibilities e.g. Key Stage leadership/Assistant Head/Existing Deputy Headteacher.
3. Experience of monitoring and evaluating standards of teaching and learning.
4. Experience of successful curriculum leadership and staff development.
5. Experience of working well in partnership with staff, governors, children, parents and the wider community..
6. The ability to analyse data, to evaluate the performance of pupil groups, pupil progress and plan appropriate course of action for whole school improvement.
7. Proven experience of ensuring that the school is fully inclusive and provides equal opportunities for all, including the effective use of Pupil Premium funding.
1. DfE recognised teaching qualification.
2. Further professional development including middle management training.
Essential skills and experience
1. Outstanding classroom practitioner and role model.
2. A good understanding of the needs of children from Foundation to Year 6.
3. Has a thorough knowledge of inclusive and innovative curriculum and assessment provision.
4. A good understanding of effective strategies to enhance teaching and learning.
5. Ability to use data management systems.
6. Ability to plan time and organise self and others to work effectively.
7. Ability to deal with difficult conversations and conflict effectively at every level.
About Westfield Primary School
- Longfellow Road, Radstock, Avon, BA3 3XX
- Westfield Primary School website (opens in a new window)