Leadership, SEN specialist
The Will Adams Centre is looking for a transformational Deputy Headteacher who will play a vital part in our school’s senior leadership team and help us improve the lives of our young people. We require someone who will lead by example and challenge us to deliver the very best learning opportunities for our students, while supporting and nurturing them to become successful participants in modern society.
We are looking for a talented leader who has a track record of inspiring young people to overcome their particular challenges and engage with education in positive ways. The staff and management committee recognise that our ambitious agenda requires outstanding leadership to build on what has already been established. We are looking for a leader who is innovative and has the confidence and abilities to further develop and implement a long-term vision for the school.
You will be:
• An experienced senior leader with a proven track record;
• Experienced in systems, strategic planning and use of data;
• Able to inspire and enthuse students, staff and the community;
• A professional with drive, energy, determination and an aspiration to headship within three to five years;
• Be a transformational leader who can coach teachers - motivating our staff to develop dynamic and reflective practice.
We can offer:
• An opportunity to join the leadership team at a time of reshaping the future of this provision;
• A staff team committed to re-engaging often disaffected and challenging young people with their learning;
• A vibrant and diverse student community;
• Strong support from the Headteacher, and Management Committee;
• The opportunity to play a part in supporting our students in fulfilling their potential through identifying new and innovative ways to re-engage them with their learning.
A detailed job description along with person specification can be found below.
Applying for the job
Please submit an application form to the email address given.More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school
89 pupils enrolled
14 to 17
About Will Adams Centre
Will Adams Centre is an Alternative Provision Unit which caters for students in Years 10 and 11. We are a friendly, dynamic and innovative school and pride ourselves on our commitment to ensuring progress through high quality teaching and learning provision for all. Ours is a supportive and caring environment where we nurture our students to ensure that they achieve their potential. It is a truly inclusive school, where the students’ needs come first. We work hard to offer wrap around support to families, encouraging them to have the confidence to make better-informed choices and work together with agencies and us, to make a real difference in their lives. Due to the vulnerabilities of our students and their families, safeguarding expectations and practices are at the highest level and are regularly reviewed to maintain best practice.
We offer alternative provision with a firm focus on supporting, engaging and raising the aspirations of every student. All students work towards achieving meaningful qualifications that will lead to relevant next steps and a post 16 pathway. Running alongside the academic/vocational qualifications, students work towards the PIXL Alternative Edge qualification and the whole school is dedicated to the rights respecting ethos of UNICEF.
Arranging a visit to Will Adams Centre
Please contact the school via the email or telephone number given.
Woodlands Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2BX