Woodlands Park Primary School
Deputy Headteacher (with SENCO responsibilities)
Required from the 15th April 2024
Woodlands Park Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated leader to join our dedicated Senior Leadership Team, and support our continued drive for excellence in every aspect of school life. This will be an exciting opportunity for a current SENDCo who is ready to take the next step in their career.
WeST is a tight-knit family of schools based around natural geographical proximity in the south west. Initially formed as a small multi-academy trust of only two schools in 2011, the Trust as we know it today was launched in 2017 and now comprises of 27 schools, of which 8 are secondary and 19 primaries. We are ambitious and hold high expectations for the children in our care. We strive consistently to perform in the top 20% nationally.
The Deputy Headteacher will be required to support the Head Teacher in the day-to-day leadership of the school and continue to promote high standards in SEND across the school. The successful candidate will lead the Key Stage Two team in all aspects of Teaching and Learning, spending one day per week as a teaching commitment across year groups and/ or with focus groups. Ideally, the successful candidate will become the Designated Safeguarding Lead. The Deputy Headteacher will lead by example, focusing and supporting the team from Reception to Year 6, as well as collaborating within and beyond the Westcountry Schools Trust.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher, with SENDCo responsibilities, who:
- Is an approachable, forward thinking, enthusiastic communicative and inspirational leader with a track record of improving outcomes for all children.
- Is committed to delivering excellent standards of teaching and learning through a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.
- Has high expectations of themselves and others, both extending and challenging everyone within the school community.
- Puts the needs of the children first, making them excited about their learning and develops their talents to the full.
- Will drive and shape the vision of the school.
- Will oversee the day to day operation of the school SEND and Inclusion Policies.
- Has current knowledge of SEND and a proven track record in supporting this across the school to promote progress for all learners.
- Has a love for implementing educational research, with positive impact.
- Will be part of the safeguarding team and become the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Visits are strongly advised, please contact the school office on 01752 690046 to request a school tour.
To obtain an application pack and further details about the post and school, these can be found on our website at Woodlands Park Primary School - Vacancies
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 29th January 2024 9am
Interview date: Week beginning 5th February 2024
This job post has expired.