The Governing Body is looking for two dedicated and highly motivated professionals, who are committed and practising Catholics, to build on the achievements of this successful, large primary school of up to 840 pupils.
Following the promotion of the current post holder and a forthcoming retirement, we are seeking to appoint inspirational and forward-thinking Deputy Headteachers. Individuals must have the proven knowledge and attributes to promote a vision of educational excellence, by developing a love of learning, whilst ensuring high levels of progress and attainment.
• Dedicated to promoting Gospel values and the ethos of our school
• An experienced, supportive and collaborative leader
• Able to inspire those around you with your drive, initiative, and creative, forward-thinking approach
• An effective communicator, with the ability to clearly convey information to pupils, staff, parents, governors, clergy and the wider community
• An outstanding classroom practitioner who enjoys motivating children and impacts positively in a learning environment.
• A friendly and welcoming Catholic community
• Highly supportive with an effective and ambitious Senior Leadership Team and an active Governing Body
• Proud of our recognised achievements and excellent home, school and parish links
• A well-resourced school with a stimulating learning environment
• Committed to continued personal development and staff wellbeing.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed to fully appreciate what we can offer to the right candidate. Further details can be found on www.mynewterm.com and an application pack is available from Mrs A. Board at the school on 01582 572964 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring service.
Essential educational requirements
A full comprehensive job description will be supplied upon request to the school.
A full comprehensive person specification will be supplied upon request to the school.
Essential skills and experience
A full job description and person specification will be supplied upon request to the school.
Group 3 ISR L18-L22
Required for September 2020 or earlier if possible
Closing date for applications is midday on Friday 06 March
Interviews will take place on Monday 16 March
About St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
"Pupils are proud to be members of this friendly and welcoming school," "staff morale is high and staff embrace opportunities to develop their practice." (Ofsted) St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is an outstanding school. The extremely strong Catholic identity permeates the school's daily life." (Section 48 Inspection 2017). Large 4 form entry Primary School (maximum 825 pupils) in Luton, Bedfordshire.
- Gardenia Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 2NS
- LA Maintained School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)