Design and Technology Teacher
Bristol Metropolitan Academy, Bristol, Bristol
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,372 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking for an outstanding and inspiring qualified Design and Technology Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at Bristol Metropolitan Academy. We are a diverse multi-academy trust, looking for professional and ambitious people, with a passion for transforming our students’ learning.
This position is Fixed Term until 12 February 2021 or return of the post holder to cover maternity leave. Your hours will be Part-Time, 0.8 days. Working days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Although, Full-Time hours could be available for the right candidate.
Start Date: 03 February 2020.
To be successful in the post, we are looking for someone who has experience planning and consistently delivering high quality lessons, has experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach KS3 - KS4. We look for professionals who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour. We would welcome applications from NQT or experienced staff.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach challenging and well organised lessons and sequences of lessons across the age and ability range so that students acquire and retain excellent knowledge, skills and understanding
• Intelligent use of formative and summative assessment
• Intelligent use of data to inform teaching
• Ability to adapt teaching to support and challenge all students
• Ability to inspire and motivate young people
• Ability to develop others’ teaching through coaching and mentoring
• Secondary School teaching across Key Stage 3 and 4 and the full ability range
• Experience of working with children and young people.
• Able to provide examples of the positive impact of your teaching on children’s learning in your application.
• Evidence of your commitment to continuous high quality professional development
As part of the Cabot Learning Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
•Access to our pension scheme - Local Government Pension Scheme (if eligible)
•Dedicated Training and Development programmes
•Health and wellness sessions and discounts.
•Secured discounts for staff at a number of gyms in the local area.
•Annual CLF conferences which provides CPD opportunity
•Comprehensive Induction process
•Competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
•Cycle to Work Scheme
•Employee Assistance Programme
•Generous annual leave entitlement for staff who work all year round
|School size||951 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bristol Metropolitan Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Bristol Metropolitan Academy
Snowdon Road, Bristol, Bristol, BS16 2HD