Design and Technology Teacher
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 324 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
Holcombe Grammar School are seeking a Design and Technology Teacher to join their team of creative and committed professionals teaching Years 7-13. The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher of Design and Technology who is passionate about teaching and learning, is ready to embrace new ideas, and has a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills. Together with being an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievement and behaviour, they will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating lessons having a thorough knowledge of curriculum development and pedagogy. Applications are invited from Early Career Teachers, or experienced teachers looking to progress their career.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Holcombe Grammar School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1057 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Holcombe Grammar School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Our most recent Ofsted Inspection noted “Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare” Holcombe Grammar School, part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, is an ambitious and supportive inclusive learning community, where life chances are transformed. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and expanding mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world. Whatever an individual’s background, we strive to ensure that our highly capable students are given the academic and intellectual tools to help them structure their thinking and learning effectively
Arranging a visit to Holcombe Grammar School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Donna.Read@holcombegrammar.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Hornchurch High School
Broadstone Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 4AJ
The Quest Academy
Farnborough Avenue, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 8HD
Teacher of Design and Technology
Royal Greenwich Trust School
765 Woolwich Road, London, SE7 8LJ
Teacher of Design and Technology (Resistant Materials / Product Design)
Settle Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 9XR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Chatham and Kent and Medway