Design/Resistant Materials Teacher
23 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Sept 2023 or earlier
17 April 2023 at 9am
3 March 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3
- View all Part timejobs - Four days per week
- M1 to UP3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Design/Resistant Materials Teacher who shares our commitment and vision in providing high-quality education for all of our young people. Applications are welcome from experienced or newly qualified teachers.
The post of teacher will involve teaching Design/Resistant Materials across the school and includes a shared tutor’s responsibility.
The key purpose will be to plan, develop and deliver high-quality lessons and courses within the broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated subject area curriculum using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will
- Be an excellent practitioner who is able to deliver a high standard of education
- Be passionate about learning as learning is at the heart of everything we do
- Be a caring person, to ensure that the emotional well-being of our pupils is at the heart of what we do
- Be adaptable, innovative, and able to utilise a range of teaching styles
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons
- Be someone who can work alongside our enthusiastic and innovative team and believe teamwork is vital to being successful
- Lead by example
- Be willing to contribute to the whole school community
- Have a real desire to join Ferndown Middle School and be part of the Castleman Trust and help build an inspiring learning community where all thrive and are successful
What the school offers its staff
We can offer
- A thriving, successful school
- Encouragement and support to develop your skills and expertise
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils
- A committed team of staff and Governors
- Excellent resources
- Opportunities for professional development
- An established and successful ECT Programme
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Further details about the role
Applications should be made
on the application form and include details of curriculum expertise.
Please ensure a full work history is completed in your application form including any gaps of employment and two referees are given. Please note Ferndown Middle School does not accept CVs in place of an application form. Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted.
Interviews are planned for w/c 24th April 2023
If you would like to visit the
school, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment. To gain a
greater understanding of our school values, curriculum offer, and premises,
please visit our school website and refer to the application pack.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 2 MB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ferndown Middle School
- School type
- Academy, ages 9 to 13
- Education phase
- View all Middlejobs
- School size
- 577 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ferndown Middle School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- +441202 876556
Ferndown Middle School is part of the Castleman Academy Trust – a Trust which prides itself on putting children first always and puts its values of Respect, Independence, Creativity and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. It is the staff in our academies who make our schools vibrant places of learning – who do all they can to make sure our children become confident individuals, successful learners and responsible citizens. Our staff want to make a real difference to the lives of the children they work with and are learners themselves who relish professional development opportunities. Working in a Castleman Academy Trust school, you will be working with other forward thinkers, who see possibilities and are optimistic. You will have the support of like-minded colleagues and together we will ensure everyone has a great work life balance. Being part of the Castleman Academy Trust means there are a whole host of opportunities for you to develop and flourish. Ferndown Middle School is situated in Ferndown adjacent to Ferndown First and Ferndown Upper Schools. The school has up to 600 pupils, covering the age range 9 to 13 years old (year groups 5 to 8). The school is part of the Castleman Academy Trust.
Arranging a visit to Ferndown Middle School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole