- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Design and technology
- Working pattern
- Part time
21 hours a week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (From 1 January 2022 - 31 August 2022)
We have an exciting opportunity to join a successful team and contribute to the broad range of specialisms we offer in the Art, Design and Technology Department! Whether an ECT or experienced teacher, you will enjoy working in this supportive department where your continuing professional development is championed.
The vacancy is for a part time (0.65) position and the school seeks to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of Design and Technology for KS3 and KS4. This is a fixed term appointment from 1 January 2022 until 31 August 2022. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to contribute to the broad range of specialisms we have to offer in the ADT Faculty. Applications from both ECTs and more experienced teachers are welcome.
The post offers the opportunity for a creative and ambitious teacher of Design Technology who can further their experience in an open and supportive environment. The facilities within Art, Design and Technology are excellent and Art, Design and Technology are firmly established within the curriculum structure. Numbers at GSCE are very strong.
The successful candidate should:
• Inspire students with stimulating learning experiences
• Have experience of teaching a range of specialisms with excellent subject knowledge
• Have sound ICT skills and be well organised
• Want to work as part of a team
• Be flexible and innovative
• Have a sense of humour!
• Experience of teaching KS5 DT would be desirable.
In return for your hard work, passion and commitment we offer:
• Bespoke CPD, whether you are an ECT or an experienced teacher - we firmly believe 'better never stops'
• A supportive team of departmental colleagues who involve themselves fully in the pastoral and social life of the school
• The opportunity to join a committed team of staff who believe that teaching is a great profession, and who challenge each other to excel
Should you decide that you would like to join the staff team here at Brimsham, challenging and supporting our enthusiastic learners, then we look forward to reading your completed application form. In addition to your application form please also include a formal letter addressing the following points (this should not exceed two sides of A4):
1) What pedagogy promotes outstanding learning in Design and Technology?
2) How do you use marking and assessment of students’ work to inform your planning?
3) What aspect of your teaching are you currently developing?
The closing date for this post is 9:00 a.m. on Monday 29 November. If you have not heard from us by Friday 3 December then you should assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 899 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Brimsham Green School
A mixed comprehensive school, maintained by South Gloucestershire LA. Situated in large, well-maintained school grounds in Yate (a 30 minute commute from central Bristol). Brimsham Green was inspected by Ofsted in May 2019 and was judged to be 'Good' in all areas. Ofsted noted that leaders are 'resolute in their ambition to improve standards but are mindful of staff's well-being so that they can fulfil their roles effectively'. Ofsted commented that our students' behaviour is good and that the learning environment is "positive and conducive to learning".
Arranging a visit to Brimsham Green School
Please contact Mrs Bonnick, Head's PA on 01454 868888 to arrange a visit.