Design & Technology Teacher
This job expired on 26 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
April / September 2023
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
Goodwin Academy are seeking a Design Technology Teacher to join their vibrant and engaging, state of the art mixed Academy based in the heart of Deal. Applications are invited from teachers who have experience of teaching subjects within the three subject disciplines of Resistant Materials, Textiles and Food Technology. The successful candidate will be expected to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support the subject areas as appropriate. Our Curriculum Intent can be viewed here.
The successful candidate will be a qualified, motivated and enthusiastic Design Technology Teacher, with a positive and open approach to learning. You will join our team of creative and committed professionals, who are passionate about teaching and learning. You will be a strong and effective classroom practitioner with high expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to Design Technology.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Goodwin Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 857 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Goodwin Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system. The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions. Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
Arranging a visit to Goodwin Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Geraldine.Baird@goodwinacademy.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Sandwich Technology School
Deal Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 0FA
Hamilton Road, Deal, CT14 9BD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed