Design & Technology Teacher
Main purpose of the role:
To teach the subject across Key Stage 4 and/or Key Stage 5 across the ability ranges to ensure that individual students achieve their full potential.
This document should be read in conjunction with the relevant section(s) of the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions document.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan and prepare lessons and teaching materials to secure student engagement and progress
• To plan for the acquisition of numeracy skills and learning competencies in all lessons.
• To teach the range of subject classes across Key Stage 4 and/or 5.
• To ensure the needs of individual students are met through clear structures for lessons and sequences of lessons, which maintain a variety of activity to accommodate the range of learning styles and pace, motivation and challenge in relation to the students ability and target data.
• To maintain good order and discipline amongst students so that teaching objectives can be met, in line with the school Behaviour Policy
• To contribute to the development, evaluation and maintenance of Schemes of Learning at KS4/KS5
• To participate in INSET on curricular developments and help incorporate such developments into Schemes of Learning.
• To contribute to the development, evaluation and maintenance of agreed working practices and curriculum development within the subject.
• To keep abreast of changes in the subject curriculum and examinations and to contribute ideas as to how these changes can best be implemented.
• To aid in the development of internal assessment materials at Key Stage 4 and/or 5.
• To assess accurately and report on assessments of work carried out by students and to provide assessment data and formal reports at the appropriate times.
• To provide regular marking feedback to students, beyond formal assessments, to enable gaps in knowledge to be closed and support students in progressing.
• To make effective use of assessment information on students to assess progress against target data and inform future planning to consolidate and extend the students’ learning.
• To plan effective differentiation to secure progress for all students and consider and adapt planning and resources to meet the needs of students with SEND
• To be a tutor, providing pastoral support, guidance and advice to a group of students. Keeping appropriate records.
• To participate as required in meetings with colleagues, external partners and parents in order to fulfil the above duties and responsibilities.
• Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
1. Experience of working within a Technology Department or improving students’ outcomes in Design & Technology at KS4 and/or KS5
2. Experience of improvement planning for student progress and monitoring the impact of Schemes of Learning, Teaching and Learning and interventions.
3. Some experience of leadership and management, including the ability to lead, motivate and support a staff team.
4. Evidence of a sound knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies.
About North Bromsgrove High School
- School Drive, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 1BA
- LA Maintained School
- North Bromsgrove High School website (opens in a new window)