Designated Safeguarding Lead
This job expired on 29 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
29 May 2023 at 11:59pm
22 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - TSAT Pay Group 5 £26,028 - £31,383 for hours and weeks stated (FTE £29,633 - £35,729) Hours per week: 37 hour per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus 5 INSET days
Full-time equivalent salary
- £29,633 - £35,729
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a Designated Safeguarding Lead to join our Extended Leadership Team to take responsibility for all safeguarding and child protection matters arising at the school and supporting all staff in dealing with any child protection concerns.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children, young people and families, dealing with barriers to education, together with a knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures, child protection issues and law and regulations governing the employment of children, and of statutory legislation, guidelines and policies on attendance. Working knowledge of the school exclusion process and procedures would be desirable. You will be able to work as part of a team, and openly and collaboratively with multi-agency colleagues, while applying the principles of confidentiality.
What the school offers its staff
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Maritime Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 1150 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Maritime Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Maritime Academy is proud to be part of the TSAT family. We embrace a cognitive approach to education and our ethos values are aligned with that of the wider Trust family and our commitment to transform life chances is evident in everything that we do. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we expand our network of schools, building upon our established ethos and values.
Arranging a visit to Maritime Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Comberton Village College
West Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB23 7DU
The Broadway, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 3DP
The Robert Napier School
Third Avenue, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2LX
St Mary's Catholic Academy
St Walburga's Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 7EQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Medway