|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,372 - £49,048 per year|
Lead Practitioner – Science or Teacher of Science
Fixed Term Contract
(To cover maternity leave)
Required from October 2020
Developing Lead Practitioner:
Leadership pay range P1-P3 (£41,266 – £43,356)
Leadership pay range P4-P8 (£44,435– £49,048)
Teacher of Science:
T1- T9 (£24,372 – £40,490) – pay award pending.
Modelling the very highest standards of classroom practice and innovation, the initial focus will be to play a lead role in the continued improvement of the quality of teaching and learning in the Science faculty; through sharing your expertise and providing appropriate support to others. Being also a member of the Teaching & Learning Team leading on raising achievement and spreading excellence across the whole school, the successful candidate will:
• be an acknowledged outstanding practitioner with a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and proven experience of teaching across the whole age and ability range
• work closely with the Science Faculty Leader to agree strategies for improvements
• be able to demonstrate experience and impact of working with colleagues to improve teaching and learning standards
• be approachable and of empathetic character in order to engage and support colleagues in improving their practice but at the same time being fair and consistent in expectations
• motivate both colleagues and students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for teaching!
• ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
• understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
• demonstrate leadership qualities including personal resilience, drive and initiative and role model those personal qualities we wish to see in all our staff and instill in our young people
Applying for the job
To apply please complete the attached application form ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application or work history may pose by addressing these in your application.
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|Education phase||Primary, Secondary, 16-19|
|School size||1134 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bolton St Catherine's Academy website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||01204201150|
About Bolton St Catherine's Academy
Bolton St Catherine’s Academy educates children and young people from 3 to 19 years of age. The values of Bolton St Catherine’s Academy are underpinned by a growing Christian ethos and is an inclusive Academy for those of Christian faith, for those of other faiths, and those of no faith. St Catherine is the patron saint of students and scholars and at Bolton St Catherine’s Academy, learning is at the heart of everything.
Students will leave the Academy with
• Good academic outcomes
• The Christian values of respect, tolerance and service
• A positive and enduring outlook
so that they live happy, healthy and purposeful lives – irrespective of their background or circumstances.
The entire Academy is geared to support every single child as they develop and progress, guaranteeing success for each individual. Bolton St Catherine’s Academy is located in a £36million building with innovative spaces and state of the art facilities to support children’s learning. These facilities are amongst the very best in the country and support in delivering a rich, varied and relevant curriculum.
Challenging targets and goals are set for every single student and staff work tirelessly to ensure these are achieved. Children learn and develop most effectively when they are happy and secure. At Bolton St Catherine’s Academy staff strive to develop an environment in which learners thrive, working to develop trust and mutual respect between everybody within the Academy and beyond.
It is through the school’s new values of Believe, Strive, Care and Achieve, that the Academy will continue to build on the progress it has made. In 2018, the Primary school gained the best KS2 results of any school in the BL2 postcode area and was in the top 3 % nationally for Maths and the top 10% nationally for Writing.
Arranging a visit to Bolton St Catherine's Academy
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed. Please contact Suzanne Bailey on 01204 332533 to arrange.
Stitch MI Lane, Bolton, BL2 4HU
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed