TPR + TLR 1b
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity and is a brand-new role at the college. Following the retirement of the Head of ICT, the college is looking to recruit a highly capable Director of Computing and Digital Education to lead this aspect of the college’s provision.
The role will assume all the roles and responsibilities of Subject Team Leadership of Computer Science and IT within the college but will also involve some very exciting whole college responsibilities when it comes to ‘digital education’, such as:
• Strategic leadership of a ‘digital education’ strategy and development plan
• Collaboration and communication across Estuaries MAT, with regard to Computing and Digital Education
• Collegiate work with the IT Services/Network Manager and team of IT technicians to maximise the effectiveness of IT systems at the college
• Developing and improving the digital skills of students in all years and across the curriculum
• Developing the use of technologies to improve teaching and learning across the college
• Developing the use of technologies to improve student home/independent learning across the curriculum
• Improving the digital skills of the staff at the college
At Newton Abbot College, IT and Computer Science is taught to all Key Stages. Two years ago, the department increased and broadened the curriculum offer to include GCSE OCR Computer Science at KS4 and A Level OCR Computer Science at A Level. This was also reflected by the department expanding to three members of staff. The uptake at GCSE and A level has been strong and in September 2021 there will be 6 classes at Key Stage 4 and 3 classes at Key Stage 5.
Each teacher has their own IT classroom. Additional IT facilities include two further IT classrooms, several class sets of Chromebooks and laptops and a bank of laptops for sixth form use.
We are seeking a highly knowledgeable and capable practitioner and leader with drive, passion, enthusiasm and ambition to join our college. Your challenge will be to teach excellent lessons, leading to high levels of student progress. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious Computer Science and IT teacher with a genuine passion for teaching and learning to lead the team in raising student outcomes. The role would very much suit a current subject leader looking to take on some whole-college aspects to their role.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner
- able to deliver excellent IT and Computing lessons up to and including A Level
- committed to raising standards
- creative, enthusiastic and committed?
- be an excellent leader of staff and students
- demonstrate excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be an excellent team player
- believe that all students are capable of success.
If you think you can make a difference to our staff and students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of high-quality education, then we want to hear from you!
Applying for the job
A Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form are available on our website.More on how to apply
1257 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Newton Abbot College
Our mission is to inspire, support and challenge every individual to be better than they ever dreamt they could be. This is a mission that we take very seriously and it applies to both adults and students. In order to support this mission, we have established an ethos of traditional values and incredibly high expectations and a culture of high quality teaching supported by exceptional pastoral care.
As an inclusive and comprehensive College, we are committed to broadening the horizons and improving the life chances of young people. We do this by increasing their opportunities and maximising their outcomes. We constantly strive for excellence: for all and in everything.
If you like what you see and read, and believe that you can support us in continuing to achieve great things here at Newton Abbot College, then do get in touch. We would welcome your support and involvement as we dare to Imagine What’s Possible...
- Paul Cornish, Principal