Director of Digital Learning - WDA
21 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
- £47,820 - £52,415
What skills and experience we're looking for
West Drayton Academy is part of a successful family of schools within our Trust, a welcoming, vibrant multicultural school in the heart of West Drayton. The academy is part of The Park Federation Academy Trust, allowing us to benefit from a wealth of expertise across our eight academies, as well as enabling us to provide opportunities for sharing of good practice and high quality training.
WDA is committed to delivering a technology based curriculum to ensure our pupils are equipped with the tech-skills they will need in their education and future employment. At the Park Federation, this initiative is the ‘one to one’ strategy. This strategy will make digital learning a key element to our curriculum, it will teach children how to be confident digital learners and it will reduce the digital divide.
We are looking for a committed and talented leader who has expertise and knowledge in how to use technology effectively in the classroom as a vehicle for learning. The Director of Digital Learning will be able to guide planning and provision so that teachers and pupils are well-equipped at using chrome books and a range of applications and programmes to make progress in their learning across the curriculum. As well as this, the Director of Digital Learning will keep well informed and up to date on educational research and will make evidence-based implementations to the curriculum. The Director of Digital Learning will continually train and develop teachers’ knowledge and application of the digital curriculum across the school.
This role will carry a 80% teaching responsibility as a class teacher. The additional release time will be to focus on developing a digital curriculum across the school. This is a very exciting opportunity to implement and lead our digital curriculum.
What the school offers its staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an outstanding existing middle or senior leader with a proven track record of impact, creativity and rigour.
- Have a clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding provision for digital learning.
- Be able to identify, drive and secure improvements to ensure high standards in all areas.
- Be the figurehead and spokesperson for digital strategy at academy and federation level.
- Have an excellent knowledge of educational technology and how to implement this effectively as a vehicle for progress and learning
- Have the ability to evaluate and plan strategically, motivate and inspire both staff and students
- To have experience of having contributed to policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and review
- Have a clear understanding of assessment and a proven ability to interpret data and use it to focus improvements.
For the right candidate, we will offer
- extensive support and CPD;
- the opportunity to work with other professional colleagues across the Multi-Academy Trust;
- a welcoming school, with friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff team;
- an ambitious and dynamic Senior leadership Team;
- dedicated leadership time
- a dedicated Governing Body;
- supportive parents and children who are keen to learn;
- an employee assistance programme (EAP).
Please complete an application form for this vacancy.
CLOSING DATE: As and when we receive applications.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 47.2 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About West Drayton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 668 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- West Drayton Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01895 442904
West Drayton Academy is a popular and oversubscribed school in West Drayton, which is in the borough of Hillingdon. We are one of eight schools in the highly respected Park Federation Academy Trust. Please download our teacher application pack to find out more about our school.
Arranging a visit to West Drayton Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
EYFS Phase Leader/Class Teacher
Oriel Academy West London
Hounslow Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 6QQ
Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) / Inclusion Leader
Falconbrook Primary School
Wye Street, London, SW11 2LX
Class Teacher with Phase Leader Responsibilities
West Hill Primary School
5 Merton Road, London, SW18 5ST
Sybourn Primary School
Sybourn Street, London, E17 8HA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed