Director Of English
Director of English
L5 – L10 (£44,106 - £49,937) per annum
St Peter & St Paul’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
Required for January 2020
We are seeking to appoint for January 2020, an outstanding, driven and enthusiastic Director of English to our dedicated, supportive and ambitious English department. We are looking for someone who is committed to securing high standards of teaching and learning that results in outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
As the Director of English you will be passionate about your subject and about improving the life chances of your pupils through consistently outstanding provision and practice. We are looking for an individual who can motivate, challenge and inspire all our pupils, irrespective of background or ability, to the best that they can be.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a more experienced teacher who is looking to develop and enhance their professional expertise.
The successful candidate will:
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
• Model our values and help us to develop outstanding provision in English
• Be a consistently good teacher with the potential to be outstanding
• Have a passion for the teaching and learning of English
• Be committed to raising of standards across Key Stage 3 and 4
• Be able to inspire pupils to achieve their full potential in English
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work in an ambitious and genuinely inclusive school
• A positive and progressive working environment
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• The opportunity to learn and develop your teaching abilities, an excellent springboard onto further opportunities
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
If you are interested in applying for the post, application packs are available from our website: - https://www.stl-cmat.org.uk/vacancies.
Applications must be submitted by 23rd October 2019. Interviews to take place week commencing 28th October 2019.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at email@example.com by the closing date.
Essential educational requirements
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Evidence of being able to effectively judge the quality of teaching and learning using OFSTED criteria
• Experience in the quality improvement cycle of exam results analysis, SEF, SIP, Appraisal
• Degree (for equivalent) and QTS/QTLS
Essential skills and experience
• Thorough understanding and experience of current and future KS3/KS4 programme of study/syllabus
• Evidence of Good or better teaching over time, evidenced by lesson observations and pupil outcomes
• To have a good understanding of English both its teaching and assessment
About St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Western Avenue, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 7SX
- St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)