Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Leadership 9-13 £51402-£56720
- £51402 - £56720
Director of English (with wider School Improvement) job summary
The key purpose of this role is to be accountable for leading, managing and developing English across the Wessex Learning Trust schools creating an inspiring and engaging learning environment for all our pupils. The successful candidate will work closely with the Trust Director of Learning to contribute to the wider school improvement offer for improved outcomes.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Have outstanding English subject knowledge and be able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for communicating this to others
• Have extensive experience of teaching and curriculum at either primary phase or secondary phase.
• Have and excellent understanding of teaching and curriculum in non-specialist phase
• Have proven experience of identifying and implementing effective strategies for improving outcomes in schools across all key stages
• Have experience and credibility in leading others, including coaching teachers to improve English outcomes
• Have outstanding communication skills, with the ability to leverage influence with all levels of the organisation, and be able to work effectively with a team of subject leaders
• Be excited to share knowledge and expertise across a wide range of schools and be able to travel to all the schools and academies within the Trust
• The ability to combine rigour and high expectations with emotional intelligence and discretion
• The ability to form and maintain appropriate and effective relationships and boundaries with young people, and staff of all levels across the Trust, including Headteachers and the School Improvement Team
• Be committed to ensuring that all learners in our schools receive an excellent education in a safe and stimulating environment
What we can offer:
• Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities
• Extended Leadership opportunities
• Wider networking across the South West and with Regional School Commissioner groups
• Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme
• A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, Care First who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline,
or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family
• Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wessex Learning Trust
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
The Wessex Learning Trust is a leading multi-academy trust in the South West of England, offering a world class, twenty-first century education for all young people aged between two and nine-teen.
We are passionate about providing the very best education for all the children in our care. Our ambition is that every student is helped to achieve their full potential so that they can make a positive contribution to our society and realise their lifetime ambitions.
Each of the sixteen individual Schools and Academies in the Wessex Learning Trust is encouraged to maintain its own distinctive ethos, be at the centre of their community and raise aspirations and achievement. This is achieved in two ways: firstly, through excellent teaching to inspire curiosity, unlock talents and realise potential; and secondly, by ensuring high quality care, guidance and support that ensures the personal development and welfare of each child.
By working together, we believe we can harness the talents of all our staff, share good practice between all our Academies and share resources that enable us to concentrate on delivering excellence in education.
Arranging a visit to Wessex Learning Trust
Please contact HR@wessexlearningtrust.co.uk to arrange a visit to the Wessex Learning Trust