Director of Learning – Academic and Pastoral
Larkmead School, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Leadership level||Middle Leader|
Contract: Permanent Full-time
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 1 £8,069.00
Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher
Larkmead School are seeking an exceptional, experienced and enthusiastic qualified teacher for a senior middle leadership role as Director of Learning from September 2020. We are particularly interested in any applicant who could teach either Science or Humanities at all Key Stages. This post combines a detailed overview of academic progress within a pastoral context. In this case the successful applicant would pick up a year group in Year 8 and take them through to Year 11.
The successful candidate will be an experienced teacher, looking for the next step in their career and ready to:
• Facilitate the leadership of a year group with overall responsibility for the academic and personal development of all students in the year group.
• Lead on year group pastoral support providing an effective link between home and school for parents and carers.
• Manage, in collaboration with appropriate middle managers, Behaviour for Learning across the year group.
• Lead in the implementation of the school behaviour policy in the year group.
• Manage and monitor staff tutoring across the year group that is: informed by best practice; lively relevant and engaging; well planned and target driven.
• Provide a motivating environment for staff in the year team, leading the team in a way that positively supports the schools agreed policies.
• an excellent programme of induction and training which seeks to provide an excellent foundation for career progression;
• a forward thinking environment which recognises the benefits of considering flexible working patterns.
• a friendly, caring, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• a professional environment dedicated to Teaching and Learning with a supportive, dedicated and hardworking staff.
This is fantastic opportunity to work in a school that has just been re-rated “good” by Ofsted (January 2019).
We believe that everyone can achieve. We value diversity and want every student to realise their potential and to recognise that their potential has no limit. We create positive learning spaces, where students and teachers learn together: each challenging the other to get better and better at what they do; each having a voice and being actively supported in the running and decision making of the school.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 27th April 2020
Start date: September 2020
If you would like to apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website http://www.larkmead-school.com/vacancies/
Completed applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020.
Larkmead School is a member of the Vale Academy Trust. The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff will be expected to promote fundamental British values.
TLR 1 £8,069.00
|School size||764 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Larkmead School website (opens in a new window)|
Faringdon Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1RF