- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- WA Payscale M1 to U3 + Extra Responsibility Allowance (£34,772 to £54,016 + Extra Responsibility Allowance)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Experienced in teaching English through KS3 and KS4
A proven track record as a successful leader of curriculum / pastoral with relevant and appropriate experience of influencing the quality of teaching, learning and achievement
Sensitive and skilled leader and manager of people
Experienced in teaching the relevant subject(s) with a relevant university degree
Able to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to their own professional growth and development
Passionate about their subject to inspire our students
What the school offers its staff
A competitive salary and benefits package
Additional responsibilities remunerated via an Extra Responsibilities Allowance (ERA)
Sign up incentives available for experienced IB educators
An excellent programme of continuing professional development
Relevant training with the International Baccalaureate for teachers of Key Stage 5
A commitment to staff well being, including access to the local gym, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
Excellent transport links and close to central London for the social life and sights of London
Further details about the role
- We teach a 3 year KS3 curriculum as part of which students are exposed to a wide variety of challenging and engaging texts from a diverse range of different genres, cultures and time periods. At KS4, we deliver the Edexcel English Language and English Literature specifications in preparation for students’ final exams at the end of Y11. The English department has developed a student-centred, personalised and adaptive approach to teaching the curriculum across all key stages and we are proud of the impressive outcomes our students achieve. In 2022, 81% of students achieved a Grade 9-4 in English Language and 80% of students achieved a Grade 9-4 in English Literature.
- At KS5, the Academy offers IB English Literature, and IB English Language and Literature, offering teachers specialised training with the IB, stimulating curriculum content and the chance to approach English with a truly global perspective. The department organises IB hub days at Westminster Academy to allow teachers the opportunity to collaborate with IB English teachers from across the UK, benefitting from seminars with leading academics and IB educators. Our English department has achieved world-class results at IB, and is proud to have supported students to earn places on English courses at Oxbridge.
Commitment to safeguarding
We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding.
A professional social media check may take place to identify a candidate's online presence to look for negative behaviours such as bullying, racism, nudity and excessive bad language.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020, as the work brings employees into contact with children who are regarded by the Act as a vulnerable group. Applicants for any role at WA must disclose all convictions.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.