Qualified Teacher Status
- Degree, or equivalent in appropriate subject
- NPQSL or currently studying for one
- Evidence of professional development across career to date.
An in depth understanding of academy leadership and academy
improvement needed to achieve outstanding student progress and
- Understands aims and vision of the academy and is able to inspire,
challenge and motivate others to carry the vision of excellence
- Understands how a strategic academy development plan can
increase teacher effectiveness and secure academy improvement
- Able to lead by example in promoting th e school’s vision and values
to students, staff, Governors and parents
- Promotes positive behaviour management and develops a student
focused, inclusive and effective learning environment
- Can motivate and enable all staff to carry out their respective rol es to
the highest standard through performance management and
continuing professional development
- Has the drive and ability to provide clear direction and motivate
others to attain high goals
- Has sound knowledge and understanding of the wider educational
- Understands the value of systematic and rigorous self evaluation, and
combines the outcomes of this with external evaluations to develop
- Understands the need for effective relationships with parents, carers,
partners and the community which enhance and supports student
- Can understand how Trust status can support improvement strategies
for the academy via partner collaboration
- Is c ommitted to secure the school’s place in the community and build
positive relationships, seeking and acting on feedback from
CET strives to be recognised as an employer of choice.
We want to attract high quality staff for our schools and in return offer a ‘people first’ approach, so that staff feel part of a community. We want staff to be confident to both support and challenge one another regardless of position or seniority, feel valued and able to contribute to the development of CET.
We also recognise the need to reward effort and good results as our aim is year−on−year improvement by schools.
There are well developed staff progression routes. We support and develop our staff and give individuals every opportunity to develop and grow with us. There is a commitment to high-quality Continuous Professional Development programmes. These are geared to maximising job satisfaction and significantly increasing expertise, confidence and skills.
Staff can work across our family of schools, enabling our academies to benefit from wider expertise and to offer individuals fresh opportunities. Quality of life outside work significantly shapes the way in which people perform, so the need to achieve a healthy work/life balance is an important aspect of our commitment to staff. In return, we ask our staff to commit to the trust standards, these include:
- All of us are responsible for promoting the trust values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
- Staff routinely modelling our view that everyone is helped and supported to ‘Be the best you can be’.
- In all decision-making, pupils and students must come first and inclusion is at the heart of our learning approach.
This job post has expired.