Director of School Improvement
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
28 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 1 FTE
Full-time equivalent salary
- £76,122 - £83,956 FTE per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Trustees at the Lighthouse Schools Partnership seek to appoint a Director of of School Improvement. This is a new and key role role for us and will involve the person appointed in the strategic leadership of education improvement across our Trust, with a particular focus on Primary-phase Quality of Education.
The successful candidate will also be a member of the Trust’s Executive Central Team and play a major part in the development and implementation of strategy across the whole spectrum of our activities.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- have a deep commitment to the educationand well-being of children and youngpeople;
- be educated to degree level and hold QTS;
- have extensive experience working as aHeadteacher;
- have a track record of raising standards;
- have experience of providing school improvement advice to schools;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have a collaborative approach.
All applicants are advised to refer to the Application Pack before submitting an application. If you feel that your skills and experience match the requirements of this post then please submit an Application Form along with a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) addressing the person specification and setting out how you would make a positive difference in this Trust. Please be advised, in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy, we do not accept CV’s.
Closing Date: 20th March 2023
Interview Date:to be confirmed but likely to be Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th March 2023.
What the school offers its staff
Lighthouse Schools Partnership offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme (in either LGS or TPS) and a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping etc). Further information about the Trust is available on our website.
Further details about the role
Key aspects of the job role include:
- Developing, owning and implementing the Trust’s School Improvement strategy;
- Developing and leading the Trust’s policy and systems for Leaders’ and Teachers’ Appraisal;
- Reporting outcomes from School Improvement to the Board of Trustees and accounting to the Board for quality improvements in schools;
- Identifying schools with vulnerabilities and supporting Heads in developing strategic and practical responses to mitigate risks;
- Providing School Improvement guidance to a designated case load of primary phase schools;
- Ensuring that preparation for (and follow up to) all Ofsted inspections is thorough, robust and leads to the best possible outcomes;
- Supporting schools during Ofsted inspections;
- Line managing a number of Headteachers in partnership with the Chairs of Governors;
- Supporting the induction, training and appointment of new Heads;
- Play a full part in the work of the Trust’s Executive Team;
- Other whole Trust responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate to take account of prior experience and interests.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Lighthouse Schools Partnership
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP) is a Multi-Academy Trust which has experienced rapid growth since it started in 2016. There are currently 29 schools in the Trust with another joining in April. The Lighthouse Schools Partnership is cross-phase and includes Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary schools. The Trust is a mixed MAT and includes both non-denominational and Church of England schools. We encourage you to browse our website for more information about the Trust.
Arranging a visit to Lighthouse Schools Partnership
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Golden Valley Primary School
Nailsea Park, Bristol, Somerset, BS48 1BB
Mark First and Pre-School CE Academy
The Causeway, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 4QA
St Francis Catholic Primary School
Station Road, Nailsea, Somerset, BS48 4PD
Bathampton Primary School
Tyning Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 6TQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol