Director of Schools
PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB IS NOT BASED AT EDNA G OLDS! IT IS A TRUST WIDE ROLE BASED AT OUT NOTTINGHAM OFFICE WITH TRAVEL ACROSS THE TRUST.
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on experience)
Location: Nottingham Head Office with very regular travel to schools within the trust
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust was established in 2011 with a clear aim: to deliver outstanding school leadership to realise every pupil’s full potential. All our principals and people passionately believe in the power of partnership working as a catalyst for exceptional education. Recognised by Ofsted as a leading academy sponsor, the Trust comprises 25 schools across Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Lincoln and Sheffield.
As part of L.E.A.D. Academy Trust’s planned growth strategy, we are seeking to appoint an additional Director of Schools to support our existing team of two leading on school improvement and quality assurance strategies across a group of academies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified professional with drive and creativity, and who is passionate about making a positive difference to children’s learning.
The role would suit someone who has experience of driving positive change in schools and has a proven track record in school improvement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading support, advice and guidance to enable the Trust’s academies to succeed.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an outstanding leader with proven experience of accelerating progress and raising standards;
• is experienced at headship level and/or has senior leadership experience in a local authority or national body;
• has proven experience of whole-school leadership and the ability to communicate a clear vision for school improvement;
• can effectively evaluate a school’s performance and from their extensive knowledge, can identify appropriate intervention strategies to enhance school standards;
• can inspire others and lead complex changes across schools;
• has the ability to work as part of a forward-looking strategic team.
In return, the successful candidate will:
• be a member of a strong and dynamic team of professionals;
• be supported through a comprehensive professional development programme;
• be provided with excellent career opportunities;
• be given a highly competitive salary that is negotiable upon experience and track record;
• have central team support with human resources, finance and IT;
• enjoy a rewarding and fulfilling working environment;
This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress professionally and to impact upon children’s learning.
The closing date in Monday 23rd September at 9am
Interviews will be held the later part of W/C 23rd September (26th/27th)
The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we can expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant postgraduate qualifications
• Evidence of a commitment to ongoing learning and continuous professional development
• Degree level education with QTS
Essential skills and experience
• Being a successful primary phase Headteacher/Principal with sustained impact
• At least good impact in a school to school capacity
• Preparing schools for Ofsted and improving schools in their Ofsted rating
• Evaluating the performance of the leadership and management of a school / academy
• Working collaboratively across a group of schools with impact on outcomes for children evidenced as a result of this work
• Overseeing and advising on budget management
About Edna G. Olds Academy
- Church Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 1SJ
- Edna G. Olds Academy website (opens in a new window)