Director of Science
We are seeking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic teacher to lead our Science Faculty from September 2020. This is a real opportunity to lead ongoing developments in a very successful faculty which is committed to continuous improvement through teamwork. You will lead the faculty in preparing our learners for an ever changing world.
Please visit our school website for further information.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• have a track record of outstanding teaching of physics at KS4 and KS5
• demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and be an outstanding practitioner able to teach science across all key stages and the full ability range.
• have the ability to develop programmes and pathways in science across the school to raise standards of achievement, attainment and secure outstanding progress for all students
Competitive salary range L4-L8
Part of a successful Teaching School Alliance
About Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School & Sixth Form College is a co-educational academy school based in Cheshire for students aged 11-18. It is a non-denominational school. The school became an academy in 2011 and uses a house system. Houses are used as the basis of the pastoral system at the school and each Head of House works closely with all staff to oversee the practical and behavioural issues affecting students in their house. Executive Headteacher - Denis Oliver Values and vision Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School & Sixth Form College believes that in order to develop its students and genuinely prepare them for a changing world, it must develop their sense of citizenship and seek to promote their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development at every opportunity. The school also wishes for its pupils to reflect on the values that underpin British society and life. It aims to achieve this both through its curriculum and through many other aspects of daily school life, including tutor time, assemblies, extra-curricular activities, charitable activities, and community service. The School is also dedicated to requiring all members of its community and of its visitors to demonstrate respect in their relationships with each other and in their conduct around the school.
- Selkirk Drive, Crewe, Cheshire, CW4 7DX
- Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School website (opens in a new window)