Director of Science
16 days remaining to apply
Start date details
17 April 2023 at 9am
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time Teaching hours
- Leadership scale 7-11
What skills and experience we're looking for
Ivy Education Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual with drive, passion, enthusiasm and ambition to join Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road.
The Director of Science role is an exciting opportunity to take the lead of a successful and stable department and take it to the next stage of it’s development. The Science department is comprised of 6 teachers and two technician who work collaboratively to lead the way in both academic and extracurricular provision, with students making exceptional progress and consistently achieving above national average results. The successful applicant will be an outstanding teacher of science who is a strong team player with a proven record of raising student attainment in their own classes. They will use evidence-based research and a mutually supportive approach to drive strategic change and secure excellent teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and progress for all students.
The successful candidate will be an innovative teacher with the following attributes:
- Ambition to make a difference to students’ learning and outcomes
- Genuine enthusiasm for the subject
- Ability to inspire and work within a team
- Ability to challenge and support colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
You will have high expectations of student achievement and behaviour, good communication skills and a commitment to working as part of a team.
What the school offers its staff
- In-trust career development and leadership courses; support to access the NPQ suite of courses and progression opportunities within the Trust’s leadership structure.
- All teaching staff receive weekly incremental coaching as their personalised CPD to develop pedagogy; no whole Trust one-size-fits all approach.
- New staff buddy system; a buddy outside the department to catch up with for support.– Trust and School SLT open door policy.
- Staff EAP Scheme which supports a range of clinically robust counselling options, including telephone and online or face-to-face sessions
- Financial, legal and practical support from qualified professionals on a range of personal issues
- Access to online health and wellbeing resources and a specialist information service
- A dedicated coaching service for line managers, aimed at developing your soft skills and building your confidence for handling challenging situations.
- Annual flu jab offered to all staff
- Dartmoor National Park within 30mins of each school
- Cycle scheme
- Coastal locations
- 10 minutes from M5 motorway
- Excellent rail and bus links
- 20 min drive from Exeter Airport
- Free use of on site Fitness Suite at Exeter Road for all staff within the Trust
- Food allowance for approved duties
CPD And Progression
- Personalised training programmes
- Middle leader training opportunities
- Mentor programmes
- Strong links with external groups such as PiXL, Challenge Partners and South West Teaching School Alliance
- Strong links within the local learning community
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 96.1 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1012 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Caroline.Curle@teignmouthschool.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay