Drama and English Teacher
Capital City Academy are seeking an inspirational Drama teacher with a passion for the performing arts and the ability to teach English as an additional subject to start in January 2020. The English department is well established and highly successful and will provide a supportive environment for a teacher looking to develop their English teaching. Performing Arts is a key part of Capital City Academy and much work has been done to establish the Capital Performing Arts Company, work with external, high profile artists and push the boundaries of creativity with our students. This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher who wants to help grow the reputation and success of performing arts at Capital and to work with an excellent, very large, enthusiastic Arts department. The successful candidate will be a strong teacher, be reflective and innovative and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
- an inspirational drama teacher with the capacity to teach English as well
- passionate about performing arts and its contribution to student progress and development across the curriculum
- equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- a good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree with significant content related to Performing Arts
• PGCE (or equivalent)
• QTS status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching experience in an inner London secondary school including GCSE (or equivalent)
• Ability to teach all ability groups, meeting the needs of all pupils including those with SEND
• To have an updated knowledge of the delivery and assessment of the PA specifications
• Good or outstanding teacher
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with excellent English and Arts colleagues in a very supportive environment
- The opportunity to support/lead productions, a performing arts company and enter competitions
- A school that has the Arts as a specialism and places a huge value on all the arts supported by Trustees who are key players in and have good connections in the art world
- Excellent CPD provision
- A school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
About Capital City Academy
Capital City Academy is an amazing and vibrant place. In 2003, it opened as one of the first ever academies, offering a high quality education within a fantastic, state of the art building. The dramatic all-glass design creates a sense of high expectations among staff and students. Our values of Determination, Integrity, Curiosity and Empathy inform all our work and we provide an exceptional environment for learning and discovery. The enthusiasm, discipline and ambition of our students combined with the high expectations, outstanding teaching and creative dedication of our staff makes Capital a fantastic place to study, work and grow. We believe that working at Capital City Academy is exciting and rewarding; we are committed to continual staff development and are confident that the ethos and support on offer makes Capital a very enjoyable place to work. Our students right across the school are a fantastic group of young people who deserve the very best. In September 2017 we launched our new curriculum with a 3-year KS4 alongside a smart new uniform. Our website clearly demonstrates the pride that the students have in their uniform and other aspects of the school, it also showcases the range of activities on offer. We were rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in January 2019 and we believe that we offer an outstanding education in many ways. We are immensely proud of the Sports and Arts specialisms and the many opportunities and partnerships that this provides for our students. We would be more than happy to speak to you informally or show you around as we know that the facilities, staff and students are our greatest asset! We are confident that when you visit Capital City Academy, talk to our students, staff and parents, hear first-hand about the opportunities and successes of our school and see the wonderful facilities - you will want to join us.
- Doyle Gardens, London, NW10 3ST
- Capital City Academy website (opens in a new window)