3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time role 32.5 hours
- Main Payscale
What skills and experience we're looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and innovative subject teacher to join our high performing DT Department.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for DT and delivering an inspirational curriculum to our students
- An understanding of, and commitment to, an inclusive school ethos, ensuring the wellbeing of each child
- A successful track record of raising DT attainment and progress for students of all abilities
- A commitment to providing a highly effective learning environment and a willingness to positively embrace change, challenge and opportunities.
It is essential that the post-holder shares our belief that everyone is capable of excellence and will join us in ensuring that every student thrives during their time with us; achieving more than they ever thought possible.
If you are looking to join a growing and creative staff team and you have a genuine desire to make a positive difference to our children, we hope to hear from you soon.
What the school offers its staff
Staff within all BET schools can expect to be challenged and motivated to achieve their ambitions, and such is the scale and scope of the Trust’s school-to-school support work, successful candidates will:
- Work in a high performing and supportive environment with dedicated high-quality induction, coaching and mentoring programmes
- Experience a culture of collaboration and sharing of best practice
- Receive career planning and professional development advice, which for high performing individuals can result in rapid promotion either through direct placement or via secondments
- Work within an organisation that prioritises staff wellbeing and operates a shorter academic year (37 weeks).
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Twickenham School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 514 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Twickenham School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Twickenham School is a high performing mixed secondary school for students aged 11-16, situated in the heart of the community of Twickenham in south west London. Our facilities are second to none in the borough. Our buildings were completely rebuilt in 2015 and upgraded in 2018, with further high value capital investment planned over the next three years which began with the opening of our new Aspire centre in September 2022. At Twickenham School we are incredibly proud of both our students and staff alike. We believe that everyone is capable of excellence and as a school strive to ensure that every student thrives during their time with us; achieving more than they ever thought possible. We have very high expectations and provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is designed to stretch and challenge every student and focus on teaching our students the skills to be effective learners; encouraging them with a love of learning that they will keep throughout their life. Providing the best quality of education is our priority, but it is of equal importance to offer a caring and supportive environment with a strong pastoral structure. Our aim is for our students to experience the best curriculum and school experience in order to develop into happy, confident, resilient individuals.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Art and Design Technology
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Christ's College, Guildford
Larch Avenue, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1JY
The Latymer School
Haselbury Road, London, N9 9TN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed