Early Career Teacher (ECT) - Primary Academies - East Sussex
This job expired on 27 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
27 February 2023 at 11:59pm
26 January 2023
- Key stage 3
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
- Teachers Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Range
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you a passionate, inspiring and talented Primary School Student Teacher?
Are you seeking an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience to progress your career?
If so, please continue reading….
We are offering all students who have been or are currently on placement at one of our primary academies, a unique opportunity to secure a place as an Early Career Teacher (ECT) within the Trust.
Our fantastic Student Teacher Recruitment Scheme is open to high calibre student teachers who are following a one year programme or are in the final year of an Initial Teacher Training programme.
If successful, you will:
- Secure a place of your choosing, or be assigned to, a host academy within East Sussex where you will complete your two year induction training programme.
- Be paid upon completion of your studies as an unqualified teacher until your QTS is confirmed.
- Receive continuous support and development
- And when the time is right for you to take your next step in your career, we can help to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
What the school offers its staff
Other employee benefits include:
- Automatic annual pay increments
- A strong commitment to your health & wellbeing including; onsite Wellbeing Champions, designated Mental Health Ambassadors, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, and an Employee Assistance programme
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity Giving
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust; a family of infant, primary and secondary schools based in Sussex.
Working Together, Delivering Excellence, Achieving Ambitions, and Nurturing Potential are the values that guide us. Our mission is to ‘inspire our children and staff to flourish and achieve their best’ so we positively impact our communities we serve. We aim to create a vibrant, inclusive community, transforming lives and broadening horizons through excellent teaching and learning.
Further details about the role
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
Our commitment The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
About The St Leonards Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1467 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The St Leonards Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design Technology (ICT/Electronics)
The Grove, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7NQ
Teacher of Religious Education (TLR)
The Grove, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7NQ
Ark Alexandra Academy
Park Avenue, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2PG
Salaried School Direct Programme DT (Food) Teacher
Park Avenue, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2XR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove