Early Educator, Ark Start
Reports to:Nursery Manager, Ark Start
Location:Ark Start John Archer, Clapham Junction
Pattern:Full Time or part-time considered (minimum 0.5 FTE) term time only
Closing date:19/08/2022 at 10am
Salary:£21,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
Start date:As soon as possible
About Ark Start:
Our dedicated team work together to ensure that every child has a joyful, engaging and secure nursery experience and leaves us ready to start school happily and confidently. We are driven by our values in everything we do: Aim High, Be Brave, Be Kind and Keep Learning.
Ark Start is at an exciting time in its evolution. We opened two nurseries in South London last year and aim to expand our reach over the coming years.As we expand,we are looking for Early Educatorsto join our founding team. We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for young children and with the skill, creativity, commitment and energy to deliver excellent provision at Ark Start John Archer.
Learning and wellbeing
We are committed to providing the best development for all our staff. We close the nurseries for five days each year to focus on staff training and ensure there is protected time for training and supervision each week for every adult. We work hard to ensure there are clear career progression routes.
Staff wellbeing is important to us. We know that working in a nursery can be challenging and work hard to ensure staff have the support, opportunities and infrastructure they need.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To promote the aims and objectives of the nursery
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff, and visitors
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedures to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To work with families and parents/carers
- To keep records of children’s development and learning journals and share this with parents and carers and ensure all record keeping is up to date and accurate
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- 11% pension contribution
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career as part of the wider Ark family, including a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Friday 19th August 2022 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
For a confidential discussion please contactKatie.Oliver@arkonline.org
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Friday 5th August 2022 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.