The successful applicant will work as part of a team within the nursery and will undertake a range of tasks such as:
- Provide support in the classroom to individuals/groups of pupils as directed by the class teacher
- Follow and implement the school's behaviour policy and any related policies and procedures
- Provide support for learning in the classroom as directed by the class teacher and help maintain the order and cleanliness of the classroom environment e,g putting up displays and tidying resources
- Assist in the supervision of children during the working day, on/off site including for example school visits
- Assist in classroom preparation
- Under the direction of the class teacher develop and maintain supportive relationships with parents, carers and other professionals
- Contribute to the care, health and welfare of pupils in accordance with the relevant school policies
- Keep records and provide feedback to teaching and other staff on pupils' behaviour and progress
- Maintain and respect confidentiality
- Training to support children's learning both inside and outside classrooms
- Undertake key working, including tracking children and identifying next steps
As an Apprentice you will be given the training and support to help you with your role whilst learning new skills
Hours of work will be 8.30am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. Wednesday evenings will be required at times for training sessions and supporting the team.
The Riccher Federation of Nursery Schools is committed to safeguarding our children. All posts are subject to a satisfactory DBS clearance.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.