Early Years (EYFS) Leader
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
2 March 2023
- Early years
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- M1 to M6 (inner London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- An excellent teacher
- Experience and a good knowledge of EYFS curriculum, planning and assessment
- Experience of successfully leading within the EYFS.
What the school offers its staff
The Alton is one of four London primary schools in the Quality First Education (Q1E) Trust. Ofsted say:
- Pupils come to school happily.
- Leaders and staff support every pupil to reach their full potential.
- Pupils achieve well in a range of subjects.
- Staff benefit from regular training to develop their expertise.
The Alton is an inclusive primary school right next to Richmond Park in southwest London. We are also home to a resource base for children with moderate learning difficulties. We have a fantastic staff team and a supportive parent/carer community.We offer a high quality, well-resourced and carefully structured provision, within an excellent broad and balanced curriculum. We strive to meet the needs of all children – doing ‘Whatever It Takes’ to help children fulfill their potential - and we are proud to hold UNICEF's Gold Rights Respecting Schools Award.
The Q1E trust provides clear structures, excellent resources and outstanding professional development for staff. All teachers new to the Trust receive pre-induction training before starting in post. For Early Career Teachers, this means three weeks of paid training in July once you have finished your teacher training. We are an outward facing trust and we believe in learning from the best schools and systems - you will have lots of opportunity to watch outstanding practice and get involved in wider projects across our dynamic Trust.
Further details about the role
Our Early Years Leader will:
- Be class-based (teaching Nursery or Reception) with some agreed release time.
- Have experience and a good knowledge of EYFS curriculum, planning and assessment.
- Have previous experience of successfully leading within the EYFS.
In addition to their class teacher duties, the EYFS lead will:
- Share and model outstanding teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues across the Q1E Trust to ensure the implementation of a high quality curriculum, following the Q1E LEARN principles, across the EYFS.
- Ensure the successful implementation of agreed policies and procedures in the EYFS.
- Organise and manage the day-to-day running of the EYFS, including the efficient use of resources, deployment of support staff, arranging assessments, arranging trips, communicating with parents etc.
- Plan and lead EYFS phase meetings, ensure effective communication with EYFS staff and provide support and guidance for members of the EYFS team.
- Monitor pupil attainment and progress and report data to senior leaders, local governors and the Q1E trust central team as required.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to review, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Early Years teaching, curriculum, resources, policies and Liaise with other colleagues to ensure a smooth transition for all pupils from Early Years to Key Stage 1.
- Keep up-to-date with current thinking and progression in Early Years.
Please see our Q1E Teacher information pack for more information about teaching with us.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Alton School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 193 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Alton School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Alton is an inclusive community school, next to Richmond Park. We are a one form entry school with extensive facilities that offer our children a wide array of fantastic, vibrant and diverse opportunities. We are also home to a small Resource Base for children with moderate learning difficulties. The Alton has improved very significantly over recent years and we are extremely proud of all our successes. We are now part of the Quality First Education Trust, a growing multi-academy trust with four south London primary schools as well as Teaching School and Maths Hub designations.
Arranging a visit to The Alton School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Assistant Headteacher for SENCO and DSL
Rotherfield Primary School
Rotherfield Street, London, N1 3EE
EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE PHASE LEADER
Riverside Primary School and Nursery
Donnington Gardens, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7JA
Lake Farm Park Academy
Botwell Common Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 1JA
The Godolphin Junior Academy
Oatlands Drive, Slough, SL1 3HS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London