The successful candidate will carry out the duties of the Teacher in accordance with the Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils, incorporating the National Curriculum requirements and in line with the
curriculum policies of the school.
- To facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of all the pupils.
- To foster a stimulating and creative learning environment and educational experience, which provides students with the opportunity to fulfil their individual potential, and is conducive to
the good management of teaching and learning.
- To share in the development of the school curriculum, courses and study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their review.
- To support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding children and have high regard for health and safety.
Directing and supervising the work of Teaching Assistants.
- Co-operation and liaison with other professionals, including fellow staff and colleagues from external agencies (for example, Specialist teachers, LAAT support services,
health professionals and social workers).
Teach pupils in their assigned group according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the
students in school.
To use a variety of a delivery methods appropriate to students’ learning styles and the varying demands of the curriculum.
- To provide a positive, conductive and safe learning environment, encouraging high standards in punctuality, presentation of work and relationships.
- To support the school special needs policy on inclusion and to assist in the identification and teaching of children with special needs within the class.
- To set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and maintain a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching, fostering positive relationships and implementing the school’s
- To play a full part in the life of the school and LAAT community, and promote its Christian ethos.
- To follow and actively promote the school’s policies
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive.
- The postholder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the
general scope of the post. Any such duties should not substantially change the general character of the post. Duties and responsibilities outside of the general scope of this grade of post
will be with the consent of the postholder.
- The postholder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with LAAT Equal Opportunities policies.
- The postholder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the LAAT Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- All employees need to be aware of the possible abuse of children and vulnerable adults and if you are concerned you need to follow the Academies’ Safeguarding Policy. In addition,
employees working with children have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of during their work
‘Love of Learning, Love of the Community, Prepared for the Future’
Here at Edenham, in the spirit of St Gilbert, we aim to thrive together
celebrating each other’s strengths and differences and supporting each
other to overcome difficulties, always learning from one another.
We have a great site, with outdoor learning for all children. Children are
nurtured by all staff, with a strong focus on pastoral and spiritual
support. We have a committed and passionate PTA, combined with
fantastic community links, ensuring that we remain an important part of
the local community.
We instil a love and appreciation of all that God created, developing our
pupils into caring stewards of their local and global environment.
Our curriculum nurtures each child’s potential, and the gifts they have been
given, preparing them for the future with the knowledge and characteristics
they need to succeed in our ever-changing world. We seek to inspire all to
have a positive impact on the community to which they belong and further
All of this is built upon the foundations of our inclusive values: Wisdom,
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, please be advised that if shortlisted, we will carry out internet searches to support our commitment to safer recruitment. Please note that the purpose of this is to identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which the school might want to explore with applicants at interview. Internet searches will be carried out by someone who is not directly involved in the recruitment process and only relevant information will be shared with the interview panel.
This job post has expired.