At Highwood Primary, we believe in nurturing all our children to develop to the best of their abilities. We are proud to be part of each child's journey, assisting them to become knowledgeable, skilled, confident and responsible members of our local and wider community. We believe that children understand their obligation to make positive contributions to their families, friends and communities as well to general society as British citizens.
- We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our Early Years team.
- If you are a good or outstanding primary practitioner who has the highest expectations for yourself, our children and you are enthusiastic for improving their life chances, we want you to join our school.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to and enthusiastic about inclusion and has strategies to achieve this for all children;
- is an effective classroom practitioner;
- has excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- is a good team player;
- is committed to continual professional development;
- will be committed to the school and will contribute to all aspects of school life.
Above all we are looking for a practitioner who is adaptable, creative and energetic, with a high level of integrity as well as the ability to build positive relationships at all levels and with a wide range of professionals.
Highwood Primary is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you may be required to complete the “Childcare Disqualification” declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this.
Please complete the online application.