Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
An exciting opportunity has arisen to add to an already successful team, at our growing ‘outstanding’ school. From September 2021, Buckden CE Primary Academy wish to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic, caring Early Years Specialist to join our EYFS team, who will be able to complement our already dedicated and hardworking team of staff. The successful candidate will be a good or outstanding teacher with high expectations of behaviour and achievement through learning. We are looking for someone who is committed to providing a welcoming, stimulating, learning experience for all of the children at Buckden CE Primary Academy. Potential candidates should be educated to degree level with qualified teacher status.
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Demonstrates a passion for teaching in Early Years
• Shares our vision and ethos to nurture every child whilst enabling them to understand and explore the world by developing their knowledge, curiosity and passion through learning
• Thorough up-to-date knowledge of a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and ability and drive to implement them effectively
• Excellent understanding of the EYFS curriculum with the ability to effectively assess and support individual pupils to reach their full potential
• Reflective practitioner with an enthusiasm for evidence informed practice and for leading, challenging and developing learning
• Ability to implement policies and procedures to ensure the welfare requirement of the EYFS framework is met
• Participation in planning, assessment, recording and reporting, in line with requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework
• Demonstration of a personal commitment to safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and rights of young people
• A good knowledge of SEND difficulties would be extremely beneficial
• Provision of a safe and secure learning environment for the children
• Ability to set expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge every child to achieve realistic but ambitious goals
• Assist in providing effective liaison with parents on a day to day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children
• Support the Christian ethos of the School
• Work alongside outside agencies
• High levels of drive and energy
• Is ambitious and committed to continuous professional growth
• Able to support, motivate and inspire others
• Sense of humour, good listener, positive outlook
• Able to work as part of a team
Applying for the job
If you are looking for a genuine opportunity to work in a school where you can continue to develop your understanding of learning and teaching skills in a supportive environment then please apply.
Please contact the School Business Manager, Heidi Triance at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details including an application form.
Closing date: Friday12th March 2021
Shortlisting date: Friday 12th March 2021
Interviews: TBC week commencing 22nd March 2021
Buckden C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Buckden CE Primary Academy
School Lane, Buckden,
St Neots, PE19 5TT
Academy, Church of England
311 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About Buckden CofE Primary School
• An Outstanding learning environment with a passion for continued professional development
• Pupils who are able to be inspired to develop as individuals, whilst taking pride in their school
• Staff team who are passionate, enthusiastic and motivated to achieve an excellent learning environment for every child.
• A strong, experienced and supportive management team
• A Church Community School with strong Church, Parent and community
• A curriculum that is individual to the school and based around the sustainable development goals.
• Pupils whose ‘spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted extremely well through the excellent curriculum’ Ofsted July 2015 (monitoring visit ‘outstanding’ 2019).
• Modern Foreign Languages development with highly trained staff.
• An attractive and ‘harmonious environment’ Ofsted July 2015 (monitoring visit ‘outstanding’ 2019).
• EYFS unit which is an integral part of the whole school, working closely with Key Stage 1 team to ensure effective collaboration and a streamlined approach to the development of pupils.
• A school committed to excellence and enjoyment.
• Generally classes of no more than 25 pupils.
• Exceptionally well behaved pupils ‘pupils behaviour and attitudes to learning are exemplary’ Ofsted July 2015 (monitoring visit ‘outstanding’ 2019).
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy taking part in school life.
• A friendly and supportive village school community.
• Supportive and involved Governors.
Arranging a visit to Buckden CofE Primary School
Currently unable to visit due to COVID-19 restrictions