- Job role
- Education support
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, term time
27.5 or 35 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £22,608 - £23,016 per annum pro-rata
- Actual salary
- £15,330 - £23,016 per annum (depending on hours and annual weeks)
Early Years Support Workers
SALARY RANGE: Scale 2
ACTUAL SALARY: £15,330 - £23,016 per annum
CONTRACT: Part time or Full time, permanent
REQUIRED FOR January 2022
NUMBER OF POSTS 5 (see below)
Are you passionate about working with under-fives?
If you are then we could have the job for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding school and children’s centre and become part of the thriving team at Ambler!
We are seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and committed Early Years Support Workers to join our well-established and expanding early years team. The new additional posts will be part of the existing service and are intended to increase our staffing capacity to enable us to further develop children’s experiences, outcomes and a lifelong love of learning, from babies right through to Reception.
The roles available include:
2 x Early Years Support Worker Scale 2 AYR- 27.5 hours per week; £17,763 - £18,084 per annum actual salary
1 x Early Years Support Worker Scale 2 AYR- 35 hours per week; £22,608 - £23,016 per annum actual salary
2 x Early Years Support Worker Scale 2 TTO- 27.5 hours per week; £15,330 - £15,884 per annum actual salary
With the new EYFS reforms, it is an exciting time to join our constantly evolving team as we go on a journey to use the new educational programmes to design an innovative, ambitious, memorable and engaging curriculum, right for the children we work with.
The Ambler provision of school and children’s centre provides a seamless integrated service from pre-birth to the end of year 6. The Children's Centre is situated in the Bright Start Central area in a light and large purpose-built space set in the grounds of Ambler Primary School, a beautiful locally listed Victorian building. We have a spacious garden with our very own Forest!
In the children’s centre, we provide full wrap around care and education for children from 6 months to five years. We also host a wide variety of outreach services to the local community, supporting our families to achieve successful outcomes. We are open from Monday- Friday from 08:00 to 18:00, 49 weeks per year.
We have the privilege of working in a very rich and diverse community which includes many children and families from a range of backgrounds and cultures and this vibrant blend makes the Ambler community a unique and energizing place to be.
At Ambler, we promote equality, challenge discrimination and recognise the positive value that comes from having a truly diverse workforce. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds who reflect the diverse community of our school.
We can offer you:
• An established staff team providing excellent services for our community
• A warm, positive working environment where everyone is valued
• An enthusiastic, dynamic and talented leadership and staff team
• The opportunity to be part of develop and drive
• An opportunity to develop and deliver inspiring initiatives
• Fantastic continuous professional development opportunities and training
We are looking for candidates with:
• Excellent knowledge and experience of providing high-quality care and education for babies and young children
• Ability to demonstrate and apply a strong knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
• Ability to plan, prepare and deliver activities for children's individual needs
• Ability to monitor, assess and write quality observations
• Ability to work as part of a team and to follow and embed whole school initiatives
• A commitment to improving outcomes for all our children and families as part of multi-agency team working
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for in line with school policies and procedures, and Government guidance
Visits are currently unavailable, however, you can visit via the ‘virtual tour’ on our website. If you are shortlisted, a tour will be included as part of the interview day.
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Sunday 5th December 2021
Short-listing: Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th December 2021
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/vacancy/3691825. If you need any assistance, please email the Education HR team at email@example.com quoting reference: AMB/920.
Ambler Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Applying for the job
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/vacancy/3691825. If you need any assistance, please email the Education HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: AMB/920.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.