William Perkin Church of England High School, Greenford, Middlesex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483|
We are looking for an Economics Teacher in a school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. William Perkin Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools and offers exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for talented and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools. The school offers comprehensive T&L and CPD opportunities for all teachers.
The role is also suitable for NQTs and RQTs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative teacher and curriculum planner who is looking to support the Economics department in planning and delivering the curriculum, and for monitoring the progress of students. The new post-holder will contribute to a consistently high quality of teaching and learning in the department, and will support the development of a culture of sharing good practice. S/he will be also be committed to the delivery of a rich wider learning offer in Economics.
The school offers a wide-ranging Economics curriculum including participation in the RES Essay Competition previous participation in the Bank of England’s Target Two Point Zero Competition.
The new post-holder will be joining a small and successful department within the Social Sciences faculty, whose first set of A-Levels will be taken this summer.
Essential educational requirements
A good degree
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Economics to A Level
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to supporting the wider learning opportunities of the Economics department
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive and lively Leadership Team
• Opportunity to gain experience within 4 different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
|School type||Free School, Church of England|
|School size||1314 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||William Perkin Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
About William Perkin Church of England High School
Oldfield Lane North, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 8PR