The personal competencies expected of all College support staff are:
• The ability to communicate clearly and tactfully using appropriate methods and
an awareness of the impact of your own communication on others;
• Able to maintain positive relationships with all and able to work as an effective and
flexible part of a team; willing to change methods of work and routines to benefit
•Willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions; the ability to prioritise
effectively, meet deadlines and accept challenges.
The professional competencies expected of an EVA are:
• Have effective organisational skills;
• Have excellent communication skills to respond to staff and students;
• Be able to work flexibly, with variable work rates and routines;
• Have good communication and inter-personal skills to work alongside staff and
• Be able to conduct themselves in a confident professional manner;
• Have a genuine interest in the education and development of students through
• Be able to maintain confidentiality and committed to providing the best possible
service to the College.
The qualifications and previous experience required for an are:
• Have a clean driving licence (no fines, fixed penalties or convictions) and be
licensed to drive a minibus;
• Previous experience of work with youth groups or in schools would be desirable;
• A good level of literacy and numeracy;
• Be familiar with using Information and Communications Technology.
Wymondham College has over 400 staff dedicated to supporting World Class education. The College currently is one of the top State Schools in the Country and is recognised as one of the highest performing State Schools in the East of England, this is backed up by its most recent Ofsted review which rated the College as outstanding in both Education and Boarding inspections.
The College is focused on providing outstanding quality to their students and staff not only in education but also through its provision of exceptional facilities and accommodation on site across its 83-acre campus.
Educational Visits Assistants (EVAs) are employed on a flexible contract at mutually agreed times, to support College extra-curricular activities including sports fixtures, trips and educational visits.
Working for the trip leader, they are employed to drive the College minibus/car and/or supervise students during the trip/visit. EVAs may also be asked to drive boarders to and from airports/stations at the start and end of terms.
Applications to be considered upon receipt; therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Download an application form at: https://bit.ly/3BusgU6
To find out more about Wymondham College, go to www.wymondhamcollege.org or www.se-trust.org
Or contact the HR team on email@example.com / 01953 609012
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children: therefore, all applicants must be prepared to undergo a number of checks to confirm their suitability to work with children and young people. The Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
In accordance with the Department of Education’s “Keeping Children Safe in Education”, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates before interview.
The post-holder will be required to comply with the Wymondham College Code of Conduct for Staff and Volunteers.
Wymondham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps