English Hub Lead
Deadline is tomorrow
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Leadership role
- Fixed term - Initially September 2023 to September 2025 with a view to extend
Full-time equivalent salary
- £44,305 to £46,548
- L1 to L3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- A passion to work with schools across the North West, developing excellent practice and ensuring exceptional outcomes for every child
- Significant leadership experience and potential, with measurable impact
- Current and proven experience in leading phonics/early reading strategies
- Proven track record of high-quality English teaching
- An ability to provide both support and challenge to school leaders
- The capacity to operate as a strategic leader, to effectively identify clear priorities, develop and implement robust action plans and complete on- going monitoring
- Lead on the delivery of high-quality learning experiences for all pupils and staff supported by the Hub.
- Work within a team and have the desire to develop your own strategic leadership
- Experience in presenting and facilitating large groups of adults.
- The role will involve:
- Through challenge and support, ensure on-going exceptional practice and outcomes at All Souls’ CE
- Leading and developing the team of Literacy Specialists in their role supporting schools.
- Coordinating the work of the English Specialists and overseeing the impact of the school-to-school support
- Being a role model by providing high quality in-school support
- Leading on establishing and maintaining links with a number of schools whilst supporting them to develop the teaching and learning of phonics, early reading and a love of reading
- Supporting schools, where appropriate, with writing of Action Plans; leading them in the process; working with the Strategic Hub lead to identify the termly offer to schools; making decisions collectively on allocated funding and intensive support across the English Hub
- Holding school leaders to account
- Liaise with the Strategic Hub lead to collate information needed to meet deadlines for progress reports to the DfE. Take a lead role reporting progress made by the Hub against the three priority areas.
- Maintain communications with colleagues from other English Hubs
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our schools
- The tools, support, and encouragement to make this role one which will help you develop further as a leader
- An established and highly regarded English Hub
- A leadership team who welcomes fresh ideas and a sense of teamwork
- A supportive structure with numerous connections to schools, Academy Trusts, and other partners across our region
- The opportunity for quality Continuous Professional Learning
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff
- The opportunity to work at a national level, alongside leading thinkers in literacy and the Department for Education.
Further details about the role
We are looking for an exceptional school leader, with a passion for reading to join our Arch English Hub team. Your core responsibility will be the leadership of The Arch English Hub one of 34 schools nationally to be awarded the English Hub Status from the Department of Education. Throughout the past five years we have had considerable success as an English Hub, developing exceptional practice and outcomes across our partner schools and providing targeted support to a vast number of identified schools across our region. This support and development has focused on developing early reading, reading for pleasure and language skills. Through in-school support, auditing, programme delivery, training opportunities and partnership work, we have continued to provide the very best support to schools in the region. We are seeking to appoint an English Hub Leader to continue this exciting project, with the full support and strategic leadership from the Senior Hub lead and Arch English Hub team.
You will be based at All Souls’ CE Primary school in Heywood working for Rochdale Local Authority. You will have an office with a support administration team to maintain the financial and clerical aspects of this role. The main focus of the role will be to work with schools within the local region to enable the schools to develop the three core priorities of the Department for Education: Early Language Development, Age Appropriate Phonics Provision, Developing a Love of Reading. However, this could be subject to change in the future within the realms of the Teaching and Learning of English across other key stages.
You must be prepared to travel to partner schools within the local region and be prepared to travel to London to meet with the Department of Education at least three times a year.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About All Souls Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 235 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01706 360027
Required for September 2023 Following the promotion of the previous postholder, the Governors of All Souls’ CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly effective leader with a proven track record of excellence. The successful candidate will join the school’s senior leadership team as Deputy Headteacher to work closely with the headteacher in continuing to build on the strengths of the school with positivity, passion and vision. The successful candidate will become part of the senior leadership team of our outstanding, oversubscribed one form entry school and will work collaboratively with other members of the senior leadership team to inspire our highly professional staff team. At All Souls’ CE we are committed to nurturing all pupils to become confident, aspiring and resilient young people. The vision and values of our school drive the school ethos and visionary curriculum. All Souls’ CE is proud to be a designated DfE English Hub – one of 34 in the country. This achievement recognises the hard work and commitment of all the staff at our school. We are a research led school and seek to provide a high-quality provision for our pupils which will prepare them socially, emotionally and academically for their next learning phase.
Arranging a visit to All Souls Church of England Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Fagley Primary School
Falsgrave Avenue, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3PU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool