The ideal candidate will:
• Be a practicing Catholic or is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education, who is fully committed to promoting and supporting the Catholic ethos of the school and the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company.
• Have the ability to challenge all pupils to make exceptional progress and have high
expectations of the behaviour of all pupils.
• Has the ability to develop children’s well-being and self-esteem.
• Demonstrate a positive working attitude at all times and believe in collaborative work.
• Have experience in successfully leading and developing a subject.
• Have a good knowledge of current educational research.
• Have an impact on educational progress beyond your assigned pupils.
• Line manage and appraise identified staff.
• Lead a Core Curriculum area.
• To analyse and interpret whole school data and produce action plans for improvement.
• To manage behaviour effectively in both the classroom and through supporting colleagues with behaviour management.
Applying for the job
Please complete the form attached with this advertisement.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Roman Catholic
231 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School
St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School is a one form entry school with 210 pupils. We celebrate the fact that we have a range of cultures within our school and work to ensure that we have an inclusive school family.
At the heart of what we do is the belief that each one of us, adult and child, is made in God's image and likeness and is well loved by him. We believe also that each one of us is equal in God's sight. This is the core of Christ's message and it underlies all that we seek to do here in school.
We aim to develop a whole school community that is centred on God; where the Catholic faith, its Christian values, doctrines and attitudes to life will be fostered; where the religious and spiritual life of the child will be nurtured, and where the child will learn to play a part both in the parish and in the wider community of different races and faiths; where they will learn to respect all people.
Arranging a visit to St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School
You may email or telephone to arrange a visit to the school and to speak with the Principal.