English Teacher (0.4) - Maternity Cover
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join our excellent English department to teach in this outstanding 11-18 school. You would be joining a supportive, committed and experienced team who work hard to deliver innovative and enjoyable lessons. The DfE draft results for 2018 gives a Progress 8 value for English of +0.85, significantly well above the national average. You will assist and support the Team Leader for English in further driving standards to ensure the progress is consistent across the key stages.
Essential educational requirements
Appropriate academic qualifications.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
- Understanding of the requirements for high quality teaching.
- Ability to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Ability to fulfil the requirements of a form tutor.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of groups.
- Experience of teaching at AS & A2 and BTEC programme.
- Outer London Main / Upper Pay Scale
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
About Oaks Park High School
Oaks Park High School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive school which is expanding the number on roll to meet community demand. The school prides itself on being an ambitious and supportive multi-cultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do. Oaks Park is highly regarded for its exceptional pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment. The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, with very good transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station only a four minute walk away.
- 45-65 Oaks Lane, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7PQ
- LA Maintained School
- Oaks Park High School website (opens in a new window)