Job Reference Number: 643
Full time, permanent
Qualified teachers’ pay scale
West Somerset College is an all-inclusive College catering for 13 to 18 year olds, situated on the edge of Exmoor National Park. At West Somerset College we aim to provide a rich and varied education for all of our students. We believe that ensuring students realise their full potential depends upon a continuous drive for excellence by our staff.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher with the ability to teach English up to A’ level.
What we offer:
- Employee Rewards scheme – High Street discounts, Staff Wellbeing centre
- Discounted Gym Membership
- A Trust wide leadership competencies framework
- A professional leadership development coach
- A Trust wide staff wellbeing policy
- Personalised professional development supported by an exceptional team within the Academy and driven through The Continual Professional Growth Policy which replaces appraisal and pay progression
You will need to be either an outstanding classroom practitioner already, or an ECT that can demonstrate the potential to become outstanding quickly, with a commitment to continuous professional development.
You need to have the ability to inspire and develop both staff and students in order to raise standards and maximise potential.
Please note, although we are ideally looking for a full-time colleague, we are open to discussing flexible working options
Further details and an application pack can be found in ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Information’ section at: www.westsomersetcollege.org
Closing date for applications: Noon on Monday 10th October 2022
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 1st November 2022
West Somerset College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share its commitment. Our mission is that all children achieve. A criminal disclosure check will be requested for any applicant who is offered a position.
This job post has expired.