3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
24th August 2023 or January 2024
1 June 2023 at 11:59pm
19 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours
- Grade UQ1– UPR3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- A belief in the unique potential of every student
- Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated English Teacher. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about teaching to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and who has the ability to develop their practice in the school’s faculty.
Avanti Fields School is an all-through, faith designated (Hindu) state school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
The staff at Avanti Fields School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Establish a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Fields School
- School type
- Free School, Hindu, ages 3 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 647 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Avanti Fields School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Avanti Fields School is a new all-through school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding, and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves into its new state of the arts building and continues its journey to outstanding. Avanti Fields School; we are an all-through; 3–16 Hindu-faith school – part of the multi-academy, Avanti Schools Trust. Avanti Schools are extremely popular with Hindu and non-Hindu parents alike who want an outstanding, disciplined and inclusive environment for learning for their children. Our established schools in London and Leicester are all at least rated good with outstanding features and have the highest expectations are our pupils. Avanti’s faith ethos means high academic and moral standards and an environment that values and nurtures the best within all faiths. Avanti Fields is a Hindu-designated faith school, part of the growing family of Avanti schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields School do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none; they will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Fields School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicester