We are excited to be able to offer the Teacher of English opportunity for a high quality teacher to join our forward thinking English team at Brixham College.
You will join a committed team of English Teachers and will be instrumental in providing an outstanding English education at the College. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for English that enthuses and engages students of all abilities and ages, having high expectations of all students to help them fulfil their potential.
Your new role:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Be a qualified teacher of English and able to deliver up to Key Stage 5
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlookand excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
- High expectations for yourself and the Studentsensure that all of our students achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
Brixham College is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school located in Torbay. The College is committed to serving our local community, championing inclusion, and seeking innovative ways to engage students and their families.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £28,817 for all ECTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Access to an exclusive competitive discount scheme across national retail stores
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Mary Currie (MCurrie@brixhamcollege.co.uk) to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps