This job expired on 31 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 May 2023 at 9:23am
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 36hrs
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,407 - £48,054.30 per year
- M1 - UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Right to work in the UK.
- Qualified to at least degree level.
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
- Ability to teach subject to A Level standard.
- Evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher of the subject. Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area.
- An understanding of what an outstanding education looks like in the classroom.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
- Excellent classroom teacher, or potential to be one, with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice.
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Thinks strategically about classroom practice and tailoring lessons to pupils’ needs.
- Understands and interprets complex pupil data to drive lesson planning and pupil attainment.
- Good inter-personal, communication, planning and organisational skills.
What the school offers its staff
- Continued professional development and opportunities across the Trust.
- Health Shield membership (employee assistant programme supporting with wellbeing and offers many attractive discounts).
- Pension scheme
- A subsidised canteen for lunches
- Cycle Scheme
- Free onsite parking
Further details about the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and ideas driven English Teacher to work at Heron Hall Academy.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within our team (Accredited with Area of Excellence from Challenge Partners)and lead on the English curriculum within the Academy.You will have a natural flair for delivering creative and vibrant lessons that enthuses and motivates all students to want to learn and achieve. You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with the Head Teacher, SLT team and your direct team.
Part of the North Star Community Trust Academies, Heron Hall Academy is an eight-form entry mixed secondary academy and will be enrolling our first group of students in our new sixth form in September 2023. We are situated in a diverse and deprived area of Enfield therefore, applicants that have a community language or knowledge of working within a busy inner city environment will be welcome.
You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and leader and improve the English provision across the Academy.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Heron Hall Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1048 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Heron Hall Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Heron Hall is one of the North Star Community Trust Academies. An eight-form entry mixed secondary academy, we will be enrolling our first group of students in our new sixth form in September 2023and we are led by Mr Barzey (The Times UK Headteacher of the Year for 2022-23). Heron Hall Academy is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. We share a clear vision for improving our children’s life chances through providing equality of opportunity, an engaging and purposeful curriculum and high-quality teaching and learning. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognised for supporting the well-being and academic excellence necessary to be a success in education, employment and life. The academy is committed to your professional development. You will have ongoing support from the senior leadership team and will attend appropriate training and development opportunities. You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and improve the provision across the school. You will have the support of a dedicated senior leadership team to ensure you are able to focus on delivering outstanding teaching and learning. We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Arranging a visit to Heron Hall Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Carshalton Boys Sports College
Winchcombe Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 1RW
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
St Edward's Church of England Academy
London Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 9NX
The Ursuline Academy Ilford
Morland Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4JU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield