Fulston Manor School, Sittingbourne, Kent
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,367 to £40,487|
If you are a dedicated, driven English Teacher who has a real passion for the subject and a drive to instil this in your learners then we have an exciting opportunity for you…
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English with excellent subject knowledge. The successful candidate will join the school’s highly successful and enthusiastic department, working and collaborating with an exceptionally dedicated and talented team of practitioners.
Fulston Manor is consistently one of the highest performing non-selective schools in Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students.
Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
If you are interested and would like to apply please complete the school’s application form (download from School website) and send this in to the Head of School with a covering letter (email acceptable). Applications by CV will not be accepted.
The starting date for this post will be from September 2020.
For any further information, however, please do not hesitate to contact the school; you are, of course, most welcome to visit.
We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early and to interview candidates during the advertisement window; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’
Essential educational requirements
Relevant degree or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Somebody who is well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
• Somebody who works well with staff and pupils alike
• Strong classroom management skills
• Knowledge of English at KS3,4 and 5
• Someone keen to make a difference to the lives of young people
• Someone looking to join a community that works to develop young people into successful citizens.
• Someone ready to work with young people both in lessons and as a tutor
What Fulston Manor School can offer you:
• Mentoring and high level training
• Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities
• A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
• A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
• To be part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers or newly qualified teachers who possess the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment necessary to ensure our students succeed and develop in our nurturing community.
|School size||1337 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Fulston Manor School website (opens in a new window)|
Brenchley Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4EG