This job expired on 21 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday in line with the school's directed time for teachers
- View all Part timejobs - Part time will be considered
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a highly driven and inspirational Teacher of English who would relish the opportunity to become part of our successful English Department. If this describes you, we will give you great training and opportunities to develop and progress.
The successful candidate will have a passion for English Literature and a desire to inspire a love of reading and writing in students. They will also be eager to develop their own teaching skills and contribute towards building a curriculum with pedagogical practices that will encourage and motivate students. They will need to be a creative and positive teacher who is able to embrace new surroundings and situations, whilst demonstrating a professional manner at all times.
For further details, please see our application pack.
What the school offers its staff
- An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
- Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
- Significant opportunities for CPD and development within the school and trust
- Leadership training and pathways exist within the trust
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hartsdown Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 724 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hartsdown Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Hartsdown Academy is here to be a great school that builds a stronger and happier community so that people have amazing lives. We look to provide our children with "education for an amazing life". It is the love and commitment that our staff show our children that enables their success and we promise that staff will be supported, encouraged and respected. We want Hartsdown to be an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway