Flixton Girls School is the tenth school, and the first secondary school, to become a member of Vantage CE Academies Trust. At FGS we inspire students to discover their talents and fulfil their potential through our founding principles of aspiration, empowerment and excellence. These principles are at the heart of life at FGS, ensuring that each individual is able to achieve their personal best. Exceptional opportunities encourage students of all abilities, interests and aptitudes to develop their individual characters and talents and to fulfil their dreams and aspirations.
Flixton Girls School are looking to appoint a Teacher of English (Maternity Cover). Required from February 2024.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Are you looking for a career where you can motivate and inspire?
… a role where you can use your skills to make a positive impact in young people’s lives?
… a role where no day is the same and you can indulge your subject interests as part of your work?
The value of teachers in our society has never been higher. We are very proud to be part of this vital profession and are offering the chance for adaptable and driven professionals to join us in our mission.
What Can Vantage Offer You?
- A secure and reliable public sector career, in diverse and inclusive schools with opportunities for progression across our three regional hubs.
- A strong focus on staff well-being, through our employee package, with a full complement of health-related services to support you in your role.
- Access to comprehensive Vantage Plus employee benefits, designed by staff, for staff, including an annual flexi wellbeing day and medical cash plans.
- A robust, tailored CPD programme, further enhanced by our trust training bursary which all staff can apply to.
- Opportunities for career progression and secondment across Vantage Academy Trust’s nine primary schools, one secondary school and local partners.
- Friendly, committed and highly skilled colleagues and leadership, dedicated to our mission, vision and values.
- The opportunity to share views and feedback with leadership through our extensive governance framework and staff voice surveys.
At Vantage CE Academies Trust, we are very proud of our values-led ethos:
· Fostering a culture of professional development
· Developing centres of excellence
· Encouraging our individual spiritual journeys
· Developing future and aspirational thinking
· Celebrating individual distinctiveness and our particular vocation to the least advantaged
· Encouraging curiosity
· Refusing to set a limit on what is possible for ourselves, for one another, and for our community of schools.
Join us now on our journey to make a difference.
What do I need to bring to the role?
· Will hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Will hold a relevant good honours degree
· Will be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of students’ achievements,
· attainment and behaviour.
· Will be able to motivate, inspire and co-operate with their colleagues and students.
· Will support the Leadership Team in implementing the vision of the school
· Is reflective, willing to embrace new ideas and take risks in the pursuit of excellence.
· Is an adaptable and resilient professional
· Have bags of personality and enthusiasm
· Be highly motivated, with a can-do-attitude
· Love working with and helping young people to achieve their goals
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We warmly encourage visits to our school. Please contact us on 0161 960 0160, visit our website at: https://www.flixtongirls.com or email email@example.com
Applications welcome from ECT’s and experienced teachers. (MPS & UPS)
Appointments made are subject to an enhanced DBS check, suitable references being received and social media checks being carried out. References will be requested prior to interview.
This job post has expired.