English Teacher (Maternity Cover)
James Bateman Middle School, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
|Subjects||English Literature, English Language|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,043 to £41,603|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint a full time English Teacher for maternity cover from September 2020. The successful applicant will have high expectations and a commitment to raising achievement in English; they will have the opportunity to build on the solid foundations already in place. Our dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers demonstrate a strong commitment to pupil success and well-being. This is an ideal opportunity for an able and ambitious teacher to work in a school where standards and expectations are high.
James Bateman Middle School is a “good school” (Ofsted- May 2018) and we are now on our journey to become outstanding. We encourage all pupils to be the best that they can be, seeing each individual as unique, with their own strengths and areas to improve. Our pupils enjoy their lessons, they are inspired to be inquisitive about their learning. Staff have high expectations of all pupils and provide challenge that enables them to realise their potential.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a commitment to high expectations with the ability to inspire, challenge and support both pupils and colleagues.
- Be an inspirational, creative teacher with a love of English.
- Be passionate about working collaboratively as part of the English team to deliver high quality teaching consistently in all lessons.
- To engage and enthuse pupils so that progress and achievement remain at least good.
In return the school can offer a supportive and nurturing environment with excellent CPD opportunities to further your career. The school offers a highly supported NQT and RQT programme. Several staff have recently undertaken the Outstanding Teacher Programme, NCSML and NPQH. Our literacy team has worked across the West Midlands with HMI promoting the school as a model of excellence for reading, and most recently, several staff have trained as SLE’s and are now working as strategic partners with a Teaching School offering school to school support.
As a member of the Biddulph Trust there are lots of opportunities for collaborative working and networking with colleagues from all phases, early years to post 16.
Essential educational requirements
• Recent and relevant INSET
• Further CPD opportunities
Skill and Abilities • Proven track record of good/outstanding teaching
• High level in teaching and learning skills and assessment of learning including target setting and data analysis
• Ability to work as a committed member of the school team
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Capacity to take initiative and move things forward
• Ability to form good relationships with all members of the school including parents
• Ability to build effective teams with support staff
• Good levels of ICT
• Effective practice across the TDA standards
• Effective classroom management
• Ability to plan and review the curriculum for pupils across KS3
• Successful recent experience of working with pupils age 9-13
• Commitment to or recent successful experience of working closely with parents
• Commitment to whole school ethos
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of successful achievement in a school setting
• Commitment to developing effective partnerships within the community
• Successful recent experience of working with pupils across a range of ages
• Proven track record of leading a subject/year group
• Knowledge of current and proposed curriculum
• Knowledge of SEN Code of Practice and how it relates to the classroom
• Knowledge of local initiatives
• Knowledge of National agenda and documentation
• Knowledge of behaviour for learning/independent learning strategies
|Education phase||Middle Deemed Secondary|
|School size||Up to 440 pupils|
|Age range||9 to 13|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||James Bateman Middle School website (opens in a new window)|
Park Lane, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST8 7AT