English Teacher (Media desirable)
This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
April / September 2023
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
We require a talented Teacher of English, with Media Studies to join our English department at The Victory Academy. The successful candidate will be a qualified, motivated and enthusiastic teacher of English with some Media Studies experience who has a positive and open approach to learning. You will join our team of creative and committed professionals teaching Years 7-13, who are passionate about teaching and learning. You will be a strong and effective classroom practitioner with high expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to English and Media Studies.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Victory Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1165 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Victory Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families. “The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others” “Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017 We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England. We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
Arranging a visit to The Victory Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Woolwich Polytechnic School
Hutchins Road, London, SE28 8AT
The Victory Academy
Magpie Hall Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 5JB
Harris Academy Riverside
London Road, Purfleet, Essex, RM19 1QY
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6LT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Chatham and Kent and Medway