- Outer London Pay Scale
English Teacher job summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who wants to join an excellent department. This post is suitable either for a teacher who is currently in training (ECT) or someone who would like to widen their experience. This post offers real opportunities for professional and career development.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, lively and closely-knit team of sixteen staff, all English specialists. The department is full of committed and creative teachers, who focus on the needs of their students. The Head of Department is supported by three other TLR post-holders.
We can offer:
• An exciting learning environment where challenging, innovative and engaging learning is at the core of all we do.
• An award winning vibrant school which continues to achieve extremely high standards, both in Harrow and beyond.
• A genuine and active pursuit of well-being for all members of our community.
• Outstanding outcomes with a significantly positive Progress 8 score and zero NEETS.
• Students who exhibit excellent behaviour for learning and a desire to acquire knowledge and improve themselves.
• A supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring team within which to grow and develop.
• An opportunity to develop your craft of teaching across three Key Stages.
Applying for the job
If you wish to apply, and I hope you will, please complete the application form and add a short statement in support of your application (1-2 sides of A4) in the additional information section of the application form, or on a separate sheet. We will be using the person specification and job description both in our short-listing and the appointment, so please ensure you address the different points somewhere in your form or your statement. The completed application form should be either submitted online, returned to the school addressed to the Headteacher or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Download an application form - 65.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Park High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1555 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Park High School is an 11-18 mixed multi-ethnic comprehensive school of almost 1600 students, situated in the London Borough of Harrow. There are very high achievement levels and excellent facilities. Ofsted (2013) judged the school outstanding in all areas.
Arranging a visit to Park High School
If you have any questions about the post or would like to visit the school, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Arsenieva, Head of English on the school number.